Chapter 4: Ryders Story & Answered Prayers

"I had a great time Ryder thank you for dinner." Aria said not wanting him to leave. "This is one of the best night's I have had in awhile. Is it wrong for me to tell you I don't want it to end?" Ryder asked her. "Well would you like to come in maybe chill for a bit?" She asked hopefully. "That sounds great you don't mind?" "No, come on in. I'll get us something to drink soda, water?" She asked him. "Soda please." Aria's phone started to light up with a call form Travis. "Your phone ringing Ari." Ryder said. "Will you answer it and tell them I'll call them back tomorrow. Who the hell would call this late who isn't one of the girls, or crazy ass Tre'.' She said. giggling to herself. Smiling to himself he might enjoy this he thought to himself.

"Hello thank you for calling Pizza hut where no one out pizzas the hut how can I help you." "Oh, huh sorry wrong number. Travis hung up quickly, making Ryder laugh at himself. Until the phone rang again. "Aria Brooks phone Ryder speaking." HE said in a tone where anyone could feel his smile through the speaker. "Damn it King, it was you who answered the first time too wasn't it?" He snapped at him bitterly. "Nope that might have been Patrick." Ryder said in another smile. "Really Ryder SpongeBob references and your how old man?" Travis asked in a mocking tone. "Judge me all you want man, but than you just judging yourself because your just as sad as I am for knowing that reference in fact belonged to SpongeBob in the first place." He said in mocking tone right back. The phone went silent for a minute or two, which Ryder counted that as a win on his end. "Look I don't know what you want but Aria told me to tell you she'll call you back or something tomorrow. So take it easy Stone." Ryder said as he hung up than put her phone on silent.

"I'm glad you stayed for a little longer I really like spending time with you Ry." She said handing him his drink which he put on a coaster. "I really like spending time with you. Can I tell you something without you judging me too badly." He asked playing with his hand side to side. "You can tell me anything Ry you know this." She said taking a drink and placing it on the coffee table. "You are actually the first couple dates I have had since I enlisted and even since I been back." He said looking her dead in the eye. "How can that be your practically sex on legs." She said before she could stop the words from just falling out of her mouth making her blush deeply.

"Well not going to lie but that is going to go on one of my favorite compliments ever received." He said making her blush harder. "To answer your question is a pretty tripped out story, and I feel like I got to tell you because Aria I want to take this to the next step but I want you to know something about me too. I really want to make you officially mine, but I just feel like you should know one small thing first." "OK." She said giving him her undivided attention. You see we all enlisted once we turned eighteen, I was dating this girl and you know I really liked her. We did almost everything together. One day she came up to me and said she was pregnant. At first I was blown away because we were careful, and we haven't been together physically that much in that short period of time. I told her that's ok, I was there for her. We can do this you know every encouraging thing I could think of. I was in no way ready for a kid hell I was still one myself." HE took a deep breath

"I just figured that it was something you could research and learn as you go. I never thought for one second of any of the other options other than raising that baby. I thought she was happy hearing that I would be there for here. Than she told me she need me to go down to the planned parenthood with here, because I could be the father or two other guys and she wasn't going to have the other guy tested just us two. I was blown away I had no idea she was even cheating on me. My heart was just shattered. SO anyway I get down to that clinic and found out she was actually twenty-one she just had a young face, and body. This was her third pregnancy, and she has had one miscarriage and one abortion. The other guy in that room was just as lost as I was. We were awkward and didn't know what expect but after hearing what she said about not being ready to raise some kid and put her life on hold, after the doctor was going over options with us." Ryder shook as he took another breath.