Chapter 3: Dark Past Confessions.

The rest of the weekend went by quick Rosie, Lola, Tre' and Tess day went by quick. "Hey I have to run to the bank and go pay some bills you good for lunch on your own?" Tre' asked. "I actually promised Keith I would go to lunch with him as the girls are eating lunch in the office today. I'll catch them tomorrow. I'm sure Ellie will be on the phone with her new boyfriend anyway." Tess teased. "Yeah it's always the quiet ones, that mean your next." Tre' said as winked and went out the door.

She walked across the street to meet up with Keith who was standing out side it was about five minutes to noon. "I was hoping you wouldn't forget me he said with a sweet soft smile. "No, I would never." She teased keeping distance from him. Keith was a nice guy but there was just something holding herself back form him this whole time. She couldn't figure out what it could be so she figured that the friendship was the only thing she would be willing to offer him. No reason they couldn't get along knowing every now and than they had to work together. It was smart to have strong work relationships especially when they would have to share charts and transfer patient over.

"So there is a nice steak place just down the way here." He said. "Oh uh ok sure. DO you think we can be in and out in time though?" "Oh yeah of course they have a table set aside for us already I thought ahead I wouldn't want us to be late. First day back is always a little nuts, right?" Keith said rubbing the back of his head with a chuckle but she couldn't agree more. "can we walk there, I think it's only ten minutes down right?" "Yeah that sounds nice." Keith said smiling deeply it was a nice day out, it would start getting hot soon seeing as it was late April.

"So how was your weekend? Did you get the information you wanted?" Tess asked trying to spark small talk. "It wasn't what I thought it would be you know, I was hoping for I don't know just a little more. Travis got a quick out of it though. There were a couple of times where you were left just thinking I could be doing something so much better than this. So that's got to tell ya something right?" He said making her laugh. "That sounds bad, I'm glad Corban doesn't make us go, I don't know if I could have made it trough that one. Don't get me wrong I do go every now and than but it takes something that really just sticks out to grab my attention to drag my fat ass down to them things." She said making them laugh again.

"Maybe next time I'll have Corban drag all you along. Least than it maybe some parts won't suck so bad. You know maybe the whole misery and company thing." "You wouldn't dare. Corban would never betray me I'm his favorite or at least that what he tells everyone else." She said with a shrug and a shake of her head. "Yeah he told us too. We were thinking of maybe hiring a new nurse or two. Starting joking around with some of the others about taking there's Corban said we could pick anyone he had, but if we took you he'd break our legs." HE said with a shiver. "I feel so special." She said in a mocking tone making him smirk if only you really knew he thought to himself.

Opening the door for her she noticed it was a little pricey and a little more upscale than she would of hoped it would be especially when she was in her Disney villain scrubs. The hostess looking Keith up and down and trying to hold back the glare to Tess was so happy to see him. "Dr. Morgan it's so nice to see you today. I have few tables open anywhere special you would like to sit?" She purred out. "No." He said not even looking at her. "Ok, than please follow me, is it just you two?" She asked in a tight smiled tone. "Yes, please." Tess said in a little kinder tone than Keith did. "Right this way." She said walking in heels that were probably a little to high but to each their own she thought.

"What can I get you to start off to drink." Only looking at Keith. "Coke please." Tess said again a little more nice than maybe she should have seeing anything coming out of her mouth just irritated the hostess anyways. "Same." He said quickly to dismiss her, still not sparing her a glance. "It will be right out." Tess looked around and noticed there were quiet a few ladies here who were eyeing them up and down. Maybe they saw more in him than what she was able to, but her did have great qualities he was tall dark and handsome, he had a nice and healthy built to him, he was funny, smart and kind. He had a good job. She could see the appeal of him, just couldn't get with the appeal like the others were.