Chapter 23: *members only*

I got this job basically as soon as I started college last year, and this has been the longest and toughest day of work ever. And it's been so boring because of the lack of customers coming in.

All day, I've been stood up instead of sat on my little stool because Karen kept coming to check on me, and my feet kill. I don't know if it's because she heard Ethan tell me 'to save my energy' but she's made sure I was on my feet; wiping tables and doing everything I technically should be doing. I know that's my job, but it gets done at the end of the day, does it not? I swear, I am late once, and she's watching me like I've stole ten grand out of the till.

Now, I'm just waiting for Ethan to pick me up as I wipe down the tables. He's not late, I'm just counting the seconds down until three because today has been hell.

Suddenly the bell above the door rings, and I spin around, expecting Ethan, but no, no it's Felix standing in the entrance way, his hands tucked into his pockets.

"Frankie, Frank. How are you doing, gorgeous?" He muses, striding towards the table I'm at, his lip piercing glistening from the sun spilling through the shop windows. I always seem to forget Felix and Ethan aren't biologically related, and because of that, I question how they look nothing alike, but then I do remember. A mop of black hair on his head, and skin color much lighter than Ethan's – some would argue he looks vampire like. He would make a great vampire in a tv show or movie, I'm not going to lie. He also has many tattoos - more than Ethan - littering his skin. Of what I can see of them, his arms are covered in several pieces of ink, the masterpieces leading up to his neck where sits a red rose. I'm only assuming he's got more passed his collar bone.

"I'm good, tired but good. How come you're here?" I don't want to come across rude or anything, but I did expect Ethan, and I'm genuinely curious. I pick up the rag I used to wipe down the tables, and make my way over to the counter, him following me.

"Well, Ethan's phone died and he apparently doesn't trust me enough to go charge his phone and text you, leaving my mind wondering obviously. Anyway that is beside the point, Felix get your head straight. He forgot about a PT session he had, so he couldn't let you know that he would be a little late, so I offered since he was such a bitch about the whole privacy thing." He mutters off, rolling his eyes and I smile, knowing that Ethan has kept our private conversations to himself. "I drove his car, but he mentioned how you need to drive yourself, so here's the keys malady."

He drops the keys in the palm of my hand, and I stare at the man in front of me, digesting the information.

"Wait, so he's working right now?" I ask, not wanting to disturb him and his client.

"He should be done now, but the drive is ten minutes away and he didn't want to keep you waiting." He informs me.

"Oh, okay. I'll just finish up here, and we'll get going. Sorry that you had to come out of your way, just for me drive us back. I'm a pest, I know." I say smiling gently, feeling the need to apologize because I'm sure he had better things to do.

"Nah, it's okay. Ethan didn't tell me why, but it's no one's business anyway, and honestly you don't really want to see my driving skills – in fact, I'm surprised he even let me take his car. And trust me, all I was about to do was mop the floor. I gladly jumped at this opportunity to get out of that." He says and I laugh, not at all blaming him, I mean, I would rather do this than mop.

"Okay, I'm ready." I say, grabbing my stuff from under the till, before stopping in my tracks. "Karen, I'm leaving!"

I hope she hears because I don't waste a second before leaving out of the door with Felix. Well, if she doesn't, it's not my fault, I was loud and very clear.