Chapter 13: regretable decisions

Francesca's POV

My mind, it's foggy. A picture not pixilated yet as I attempt to wake up. My head, it's pounding; the noise of my heavy breathing becoming too much. My body is heavy, like a wall is atop of me, weighing me down.

I can't breathe, I feel like I'm drowning. The pressure in my chest becoming overwhelming.

Blinking my eyes open, all I can vision is a blur. A mask of cloud covering my eyes, terrifying me further.

The question to where I am is still unknown and that's settling uneasy. A whimper escapes my lips as I close my eyes, lying stiff as a board. I've never felt like this before. A dip in the bed frightens me, and my body goes into panic. Who's here?

"Francesca." The voice whispers, and I can't pinpoint it until he speaks again. "Hey, you're okay."

Ethan.

"I'm not." I tell him along with a sharp gasp.

"Tell me so I can help you." He says, most likely sitting up as the bed dips yet again.

"When... when I open my eyes... I can't see and I don't know why. My body feels like something is laid on top of me. I can't breathe." I try to explain the best of possible whilst trying to control my breathing.

I don't even know what the time is.

"Okay, I'm going to turn this light on, so I can see you a little better, okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." I whisper, a wave of humiliation falling over me. Why is he even here, next to me in bed?

Opening my eyes, I see the cloudier version of the room when the light flickers on.

"I'm now going to sit you up." He tells me and I somewhat nod. His hands come around my body, gently grabbing hold of my hands, easing me up into the sitting position.

My breathing is somewhat erratic, and he cups my face with his hands. His face is blurry but handsome, nonetheless.

"Close your eyes, and we'll do some breathing techniques together because I think you're panicking. Am I right?" He asks and I nod, but who wouldn't be panicking. "Okay, close your eyes."

I do as he says, and he helps me, taking my mind of it as he asks me sensory questions, some leading to me admitting he's a little bit attractive. Ethan yet again saves me. Maybe I am a fucking Damsel in distress?

But I still can't see properly.

"Okay, let's get laid back down and I'll tell you how we ended up here." He murmurs, and I don't complain before lying my head on the pillow. He lifts the cover up over us and I frown when his leg touches mine, only just realizing that he's wearing jeans in bed.

"Aren't you uncomfortable?" I whisper.

"I'm fine, Francesca, don't worry about me." He chuckles, and I snuggle into the pillow as he turns the main light off before flicking the lamp on, on the bedside table. "So, this is your room?"

"No, we're still in the frat house. This is Tony's." He tells me.

"Birthday guy?" I scrunch my brows up.

"Yeah, he's okay with it." He says and for some reason I don't believe that he even knows.

"What happened last night? The last thing I remember was me dancing with Lauren and some other girls." I ask, needing some kind of explanation. My eyes are clearing, slowly, but still, they're clearing as I watch him clench his jaw.

"This guy, Shawn." He starts and my insides immediately curdle at the name, Ethan taking notice of my distaste straight away. "You want me to continue?"