❝ chapter fourteen ❞

|• Zonnique •|

.

I woke up, laying on the couch with Chresanto sitting next to me, watching TV and Jayden on his lap. I wipe a few hair out of my face and sat up. I looked around and furrowed my eyebrows.

"What happened?" I asked. "Did I fall asleep?"

"No," He chuckled. "You fainted."

It soon came flooding back. I was so nervous to tell Chresanto, I couldn't contain myself. I lay on Chresanto's chest and watched the TV also. He was watching a basketball game on the ESPN channel.

"You still wanna tell me what you wanted to tell me?" He glanced at me. "Before you fainted."

I thought about it and shook my head. "No, it wasn't that serious now that I thought of it. Forget it."

He raised a brow. "It must've been serious if you fainted over it."

I shook my head. "I was just feeling lightheaded."

"You sure?" He ask and I nod. "You know you can still tell me anything, right?"

"Yeah, I know." I smiled.

I caressed his cheek and kissed him. He grabbed my chin and lift my head a little and moved his lips against mine. I pulled away and stared at him.

"I love you." I told him.

"I love you more,"

-

"Did you tell him the truth?" Dr. Coleman ask me after we went over a few things for about 30 minutes. Like yesterday, he sat on the edge of his desk and looked at me.

I shook my head. "You told me do what feels right, so I did."

"Why did it feel right not telling him?"

"I realized it wasn't worth it." I shrugged. "I'll just naturally fall for him again. I can tell the way he treats me, that won't be hard. He's like the perfect guy that every girl wants and he's so sweet. So, why waste something so good? Kevin and I broke up for a reason, I'm willing to find out why."

He nodded and I continued. "I don't wanna leave him and regret it later. I already hurt and I don't wanna do it again."

"If that's what feels right to you." He nodded, impressed. I smiled and nodded also. "Well, our session is pretty much over. I'll see you on Tuesday." I only have shrink Tuesdays and Thursdays. "Hopefully you'll get your memories back then."

"Thanks, see you Tuesday."

He waved at me and I walked out. I went to meet Chresanto outside. I got in the car and he started driving.

"Your brother and some of our friends is at house to see you." He smiled, glancing at me.

"I have a brother?" I raised a brow.

He nodded, "You found out not even too long ago."

When we reached the house, I saw about four cars parked outside. Chresanto got down and opened the door for me. He intertwined our fingers and we walked inside.

"Nique!" A handsome guy with his long, beautiful hair down came towards me with open arms. I shrug and hug him back. "You remember me right?" I shook my head. "I'm Ray."

I nod and smile at him. "I really love your hair." I reached up and touched it.

He smirked. "You always did."

"How can you forget you own brother?" The one with the adorable, big, curly afro joked, hugging me. "What kind of sister are you?"

I laughed a little. "A loving one?"

"That's Jacob," Chresanto told me. He, then, pointed at two girls; one was caucasian with an adorable face- "That's Jana." She waved. The other on looked mixed with big curly hair- "And, that's Nia. You guys went to school together."

I nodded and hugged them politely. Bahja smiled at me before hugging me, "You already know, I'm Bahja. My sister, Lourdes. My fiancé, Destin. And our son, Dustin.'"

I greeted them. Though, these names are sounding a bit familiar but I still don't think I remember who they're really are or how I met all of them. We sat around the kitchen counter and the island, catching up you might say.

About an hour later, the girls and I decided to cook dinner. We at in the dinning, having to take chairs around the house so we can all fit.

I look down at phone when it keeps vibrating on my lap. Kevin was calling me. I excused myself to the kitchen and answered it.

"Yeah?" I said.

"Babe, are you available tonight?" I can almost hear the smirk on his face. "I wanna take you out."

Babe?

"Uh..." I was surprised. "I'm actually not available, Kevin."

"Okay," He said. "How about tomorrow night? We could even spend the day together tomorrow. I'll plan some things we could do."

"I don't know, Kevin." I sighed. "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

The phone was snatched out of my phone and I looked to see Chresanto holding up his ear. "If you know what's good for you, you wouldn't call her ever again." He hung up and gave it back to me.

I held back a laugh. "Really, Chres?"

"I don't wanna loose you because of him again." He pulled me towards him.

"Aw," I blushed and pecked his lips. "You'll never loose me because of anyone ever again. I promise,"

He held the back of my neck and pressed his lips against mine. His hand traveled downward and gripped my butt and for a second I forgot if there was people watching us. I'm pretty sure he did too when he pushed me against the wall by the counter and started sucking on my neck. I bit my bottom lip and started feeling the front of his jeans.

"Okay, now you two," I heard Jana say.

"We don't wanna see all that." Bahja spoke.

I gently pushed Chresanto away- not that he budged anyway. He laughed when my face started turning red from embarrassment. He carried me back to the dining room and he sat down, pulling me on his lap. I was embarrassed while Chres just looked unaffected.

"Why are you turning red, Ms. Pullins?" Destin smirked at me.

"Shut up." I scolded playfully. "Blame him, he kissed me first."

Chresanto scoffed. "You were the one rubbing on my-"

I quickly covered his mouth before he could finish and smiled apologetically at them. They laughed at me as I became more embarrassed. I uncovered his mouth and he smirked at me. He leaned down to kiss me and I turned my face. "I hate you."

He laughed. "That's not what you said earlier."

"Maybe I was lying." I shrugged.

"I know when you lie." He chuckled.

I look over at Ray, when Jayden started crying on his lap. I laughed. "Now, what did you do to him?"

"Seriously?" Ray said, looking down at Jayden. "You drank my juice without asking and you're still not satisfied? You are one ungrateful baby." We laughed and I stood up, getting Jayden from him. "Don't talk to me ever again." He said to Jayden.

"Shut up, Ray." I laughed. "He's a baby for crying out loud."

Jayden had stopped crying after feeding him some milk. I gave him to Chresanto when I hear the door bell ring. I got up and went for it. I opened the door and gasp loudly, hugging him tightly.

"Jordan!" I grin. "What're you doing here?"

He looked at me, perplexed. "I thought they said you lost your memory?"

vote and comment for next chapter ♡
y'all remember Jordan right?
read my new story Long Sleeves and tell me if I should continue writing it. :)