❝ chapter twenty ❞

|• Zonnique •|

-

| f i v e y e a r s l a t e r

The sudden force and the loud noise of our bedroom door slamming open, startled Chres and I from our sleep. Jayden and Alexa started jumping violently on the bed.

Jayden is five years old and Alexa is four. Chresanto wanted to name her after his mother that died giving birth to him. We got married after giving birth to Alexa. I refused to get married pregnant because I wanted to enjoy it. I wanted to drink and dance without worrying about the baby.

"Wake up! It's Christmas!" Jayden shouted.

Chresanto groaned. He still not a morning person. He got up and playfully tackled the kids on the bed, filling their faces with kisses. We went to the bathroom and brush our teeth before going downstairs, meeting the family.

We greeted each other with happiness, wishing each other a Merry Christmas. We decided to eat breakfast first before doing anything else.

"Can we open our presents now?" Dustin, Bahja and Desting six year old son, whined.

"Dustin." Bahja scolded. "Be patient or you won't get presents."

Chresanto laughed. "Yeah, c'mon."

We made our way back to the living room, pulling out all of the present from under the tree. I received a necklace from Bahja, earings from Ray, Shoes from Lourdes and Destin, and a sweater from Jacob.

"I'll give you your present later." Chresanto whispered. Though, I wouldn't mind if he didn't get me anything. He spoiled me with so much beautiful things, including a beautiful child. I'd say that's enough.

I gave him the newest pair of Jordan and flowers. It was a bit cheesy, but he loved it and that's all that mattered. I gave Alexa those two american dolls she've been begging for and gave Jayden his first bicycle.

"I can't believe how grown up these kids gotten, I remenber when they were so little." Destin said, laughing a bit.

I watched as Alexa walk over Chresanto and sat on his lap, sucking on her thumb. I smiled, Taylor did that numerous times after scolding at her to stop. But, I let Lexa do it because of how much she look like Taylor.

"What's wrong, Lex?" Chresanto asked her. "You look sad all of a sudden."

"I want a baby shister." She mumbled. "Can I have one, mommy? Pleaaaase." She begged.

We burst out laughing and she blushed, hiding her face in Chresanto's shirt. Aw, how cute. I combed my finger through her curls and kissed her cheek. "It's not that easy, baby."

"Why not?" She pouted. "I want shomeone to play with."

"You have Jayden." Lourdes laughed a little.

She shook her head and Chresanto kissed her forehead. "We'll give you one soon, I promise."

Her face lit up again and got up. She went Jayden and Dustin to play with their new toys in the play room. I looked at Chres. "Now, how we finna know our next one will be a girl?"

He shrugged and pecked my lips. "Hope."

•••

"Where the hell are we?" I giggled.

We kept walking with our hands intertwined. We had red roses all around us. When did he plan all of this? We were up a hill, where you can see you whole city. Every light, every beauty of it.

"That's just the first part," Chresanto spoke, "The second part is when we arrive home." He winked at me and I blushed.

Bahja and the others went back home earlier. Bahja took Lexa and Jayden with her so they can spend the rest of the Christmas break with Dustin.

We laid down on the grass and talked as if we haven't talked for years. Chresanto and I will never run out of things to talk about. He finally gave me the box he've been carrying since we got here.

I opened it and it was a frame. Inside of it was probably a fake rose and a quote. As I read the quote, I realized it was what he had said to me when he proposed to me on stage. Every single word.

I smiled. "That's beautiful, I love it."

I kissed him passionately, running my hand through his hair. He caressed my cheek, kissing me back. I pulled away and read it. I smiled while doing so. I was so nervous and scared to walk on that stage.

"Whatchu thinking about?" He asked softly in my ear.

"When you made me walk on that stage," I chortled. "Your fans were going crazy. Were you nervous? At all?"

He chuckled. "Of course not. We both knew you would say yes."

I giggles. "What makes you so sure?"

"You can't resist me, you love me too much." He laughed and so did I. "Who else would you want to spend the rest of your life with?"
I peck his lips. "You're right."

"But, it was worth it." He kissed my cheek. "I wanted you to know how much I really love you. I'll keep loving you no matter what - till the end."

I smiled at him and questioned, "Till the end?"

He looked at me lovingly before nodding and repeated, "Till the end."

|• THE END •|

- This ending probably sucked but I wanted to end this book :) hope you guys loved it ♡
- I'm working on my new book called Long Sleeves. Check it out ♥
- And I found 'Alexa' on IG @lala_land_2.0 ; Jayden was just on Google , lmao.
- IG | @shxnnia ♡
Love Yall!