❝ chapter eight ❞

|• Zonnique •|

He picked up Jayden and laughed, only causing him to cry more. I tried standing up but he pushed me back down. Déjà vu. Felt like the whole Malik and Taylor situation happening all over again. Why is it always the fathers?

But, before he could do anything, the hotel room door bust open and I saw a lot police officers. In front of them was Ellie. How'd she know?

"Put the baby down," One of the officers spoke. "And put your hand up!"

Kevin laughed and took out a gun. He was planning on killing us? "You do anything and I'll kill him."

"Put-the-baby-down." The officer said slower and sternly.

Kevin's finger hovered over the trigger and before he can pull it, the officer beat him to it. I watched as Jayden fell on the bed and Kevin's limp body fell on the floor. I quickly went over and took Jayden.

One of the officers called an ambulance. I'm guessing the whole hotel was on lock down. They took us out of the room and bought us downstairs. They questioned me and I told the story. An ambulance came and made sure everything was okay with me and cleaned up the little blood that came from my bruise. I watch as they stroll Kevin out on a stretcher.

"Thank you," I spoke to Ellie. "But, how—how did you know?"

"I saw him tracking down your phone," She shrugged. "He thought I didn't noticed, but, I also spot when he stuck his gun inside his jeans. So, I knew he was planning something." She placed a conforting hand on my shoulder. "I'm just glad you and Jayden's okay."

I nodded and did a small smile. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"Yeah," She nod. "Definitely."

"Thank you, again." I told her. "Jayden and I would've probably be dead right now." I felt emotional again. "If it wasn't for you."

She gave me a hug. "It's alright. Look, I'm planning on flying out to LA tomorrow for business, you can come with me. Chresanto won't have to pay, I'll do it."

"Oh, n-no. You don't have to do that. Plus, I already—"

"I'll just cancel your flight for whenever you were leaving," She shrugged. "It won't be a problem. And I'm not taking no for an answer."

I smile and nodded. "Sure."

°°°°°'

Chresanto swears for the third times. I giggled lowly at how sexy and cute he looked when he was mad and frustrated. I stood up in front of him, to stop his pacing. He breathed in and out slowly.

I place my hand on his chest. "Listen." I said, slowly. "Jayden and I are just fine. Kevin's fine and out of the hospital—" He only got shot on his left shoulder blade. "—And he's going to jail, for sure. The bruise on my cheek was taken care of and should heal in a couple of days. Now, please stop worrying."

He sighed and sat down on the couch. "What if Ellie hadn't called the cops? I would loose you and Jayden."

"But, she did and we're alive." I smiled. "That's all we should worry about."

It was around 8 PM and we had arrived back home about two hours ago. As you can see, Chresanto didn't take the news of Kevin and I almost dying too well.

"I better go get ready," He stood up. "I have a show tonight." I nodded and went to answer the door when I heard the bell ring. Chresanto looked at me. "Were you expecting somebody?"

I shook my head. "Were you?"

He shook his head also and shrugged. He went upstairs so he can go get ready. When I opened the door and saw Jessica in front of me, I rolled my eyes.