❝ chapter nine ❞

|• Zonnique •|

.

"Zonnique." Jordan snapped his fingers in front of my face. "Stop zoning out on me." He chuckled. "If you were gonna spend all your time thinking about Chresanto, you shouldn't have called me here."

"Sorry," I smiled. "He told me he missed me last night and I didn't know what to do. I almost fainted."

He laughed. "Right."

"I'm serious." I groaned playfully. "What do I do?"

"For what?"

I slumped down on my chair. We were currently at Starbucks and Chresanto was watching over Jayden at home. "To make him love me again."

"Nique, I'm pretty sure if he told you he missed you and apparently made a song about it," He laughed a little. "I'm pretty sure he made it clear that he's still in love with you."

I blushed. "I wanna do something for him," I shrugged and played with my nails. "Something nice. To apologize for cheating, hurting him, and to also thank him."

"Surprise him." He shrugged, looking down at his phone.

"How?" My face lit up. Good idea. "I'm definitely gonna need your help."

"I can get you a blue Rolex and some blue roses," He said, nonchalantly—which surprised me because blue roses aren't that easy to find. He laughed at my expression. "You said blue was his favorite color, right?"

I nodded. "How the hell are you gonna afford a blue Rolex?" I stated, shockingly. "And blue roses? Those are rare!"

"I know a guy." He put away his phone.

I grin. "I am so thankful for you."

"Who isn't?" He popped his collar.

I kissed my teeth and giggled. "Don't make me take that back."

"Don't forget who's planning your date." He smirked. "So, you might not wanna do that." I laughed and finished drinking my cotton candy frappé. "So, how are you feeling?"

"About what?"

"You know, Kevin getting shot, going to jail afterwards, and you got your son back and everything." He smiled.

"Well, I didn't expect it to go down that way." I shrugged slightly. "But, Kevin doesn't deserve having Jayden in his life. I don't know why did he bother fighting for full custody if he wasn't even gonna pay attention to the kid."

He laughed a little and nodded. "Well, I'm happy for you."

I smiled. "Thanks."

He leaned forward and exhaled. "Let's get back to your little surprise for Chresanto."

°°°°°'

|• Chresanto •|

"What do you want?" I sighed, when opened the door and saw Jessica. This girl cannot take a hint. She doesn’t understand the words I don't want you anymore. 

"Chres, baby, I miss you." She said, in a baby voice.

I sighed. "Jessica, when are you going to understand that I'm not interested in you anymore?"

"So, you're gonna waste all those times we had together?" She raised her voice. "All of those memories?"

I laughed. "You were just going out with me for publicity." I heard a car door and saw Zonnique with a bunch of bags.

"It’s all her fault our relationship is like this." Jessica said, referring to Zonnique.

Zonnique came up the door path and pushed passed Jessica and went through the door steps. "What relationship?" I questioned, chuckling. “And it’s not her fault. Move the fuck on." I shut the door in her face.