❝ chapter nineteen ❞

|• Zonnique •|

-

"How are you?" She asked.

Maybe this isn't going to be as bad than I imagined. I smiled and sat down. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and replied, "Never better, you?"

She nodded slightly. "I've been doing better, since, you know, high school."

We order our food and it came few minutes later. I just ordered a sandwich and some French fries. We ate in silence. I threw our trash away when we were both done and sat back down.

"Yeah," I said, awkwardly. "Um, why exactly did you want us to have lunch?"

"I wanted to tell you the truth about everything." She played with her fingers nervously.

I raised a brow and chuckled slightly. "The truth?"

"Chresanto never cheated on you," She started. "He was only attached to me because I would put, um, this d-drug powder thing in his food whenever I persuaded him to eat the food I cook. That's why he was acting up; it also attached him to me. I'm really sorry, Nique. I was-"

"It could've hurt him, Jasmine." I stated, angrily. "What if it had killed him, huh? What the hell were you thinking?"

"I know," She ran a hand through her hair, in frustration."I'm sorry. I regretted doing evey minute of it. I was just so desperate for his attention but he still chose you even with the drugs, that's all that matters, right?"

I rolled my eyes. "Does he know?"

"I was planning on telling him, but every time I plan on telling him when I see him, I get scared."

"What if it affects him in the future?" I snapped. "I swear I'll fucking kill you if it does."

"It won't, I promise." She spoke hastily.

"And how do you know that?" I said, after taking a sip out of my soda.

"B-Because he wasn't the only one I used it on."

My jaws dropped and I stood up. "Loose Chresanto and I's number and stay the hell away from us. You're just getting crazier, aren't you?" I threw my hands up.

She stood up also. "No, Zonnique, I'm-"

I grab my cup and my keys off the table. "Thanks for lunch."

I walked out and got in the car, driving home. This is unbelievable. When I got home, I threw the keys on a table near by.
"Babe, is that you?" I heard Chresanto shout from our room.

I chuckled. "Yeah!"

I jogged up the stairs and walk in our room. Chresanto was laying on his back with Jayden sitting on his stomach, watching TV, Lazy Town to be correct.

"Wow, we got a pretty boring life." I laughed and walked over them.

I pecked Jayden's chubby cheeks, then Chresanto's. Chresanto laughed also and asked, "How was it?"

"I wouldn't say it went well."

"Why? What happened?"

"She told me what she has done to you," I said, "Before I cheated on you."

"What?"

I told him about the drug she used to put in his food so she could draw him closer to her. "Then, I got heated and stormed out." I touched his face. "Are you feeling okay?"

He chortled slightly, "Yes, baby, I'm fine." He gave me a quick kiss on my lips. "Oh, and I canceled my tour,"

"Why?"