❝ chapter sixteen ❞

|• Zonnique •|

My leg shook nervously as I waited for a few minutes for the result. I feel bad that I'm not taking this in front of Chresanto. After I reassured him this morning that I was fine, he left for his meeting. I didn't want him to keep worrying about me.

When I heard the beeping, I stood up and looked at it. My heart dropped. I'm pregnant.

I sighed and threw away the pregancy test. I'll take another one later to make sure. I went back to the room. I saw Jayden walking in with his thumb in his mouth. I chuckled as he hugged my leg.

"What're you doing up so early?" I leaned down and kissed the top of his head.

When I was making eat him breakfast, my phone started ringing. I quickly picked it up, seeing it was Chresanto. "Hey, baby."

"Hey, you alright?" He spoke in his deep voice, in which warmed my heart. "Did you throw up this morning?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. But, I haven't ate yet so I don't know if I'll throw up after that." I said, while moving the bowl Jayden was reaching for to take and moved it somewhere else. Him and Taylor is so much alike. They like touching and reaching for fragile stuff.

"Anything you want me to get on my way home?" He asked.

I opened the fridge and look inside. "Milk. That's about it."

"Aight, I'll be home in a minute. Love you."

"Love you too, babe." I said before hanging up.

I put the phone and fed Jayden. I sat in the living room couch after putting Jayden in his playpen. I opened the TV and just stared at it. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed.

Am I ready for another baby?

I groaned and lazily got up when the doorbell rung. I opened the door and raised my eyebrows. "Where are your keys? You made me get up."

Chresanto laughed a little. "Just wanted to mess with you."

I rolled my eyes playfully and smacked his chest. He walked in, Jacob following him inside. "Hey, brother." He gave me a hug and went straight to Jayden. I giggled. "Wow, it was nice talking to you too."

I went to the kitchen where Chresanto was placing the gallon of milk in the fridge. He closed it before pecking my lips. "Did you throw up?"

"Oh, I haven't even ate." I chuckled. Though, it was weird. When I was pregnant with Jayden and Taylor, I couldn't spend five minutes without eating.

"Well, what do you want?"

"I want a turkey leg, to be honest." I chuckled. "With strawberries, or strawberry yogurt. Or both, would be better. Nevermind, I actually want pancakes with bacon. But, then again, I really want the-"

"Zonnique." Chresanto placed his hands on my shoulders, shaking me slightly. "What do you want?"

"Oh." I blushed. "Everything."

Chresanto laughed and simply stated. "You're pregnant." I bit my bottom lip suspiciously. "Aren't you?"

I shrugged a little and bit back a smile. "Maybe."

"You are pregnant!" He exclaimed, picking me up and spinning me around. He kissed my cheeks repeatedly before setting me down.

Jacob appeared in the kitchen, holding Jayden in his arms. "Jesus, another Chresanto's gonna be running around?" He sighed dramatically. "I am not looking forward to that."