❝ chapter eighteen ❞

|• Zonnique •|

"You have got to be kidding me." I mumble, rolling my eyes.

Jasmine ignored me and walk towards me with her equipment. Laura grab a chair for me and I sat down. She started combing her fingers through my hair. "How you two know each other?"

"I'm her boyfriend's ex." Jasmine responded before I could. And I'm thankful that she did, 'cause I wasn't even sure what to say.

She started applying some type of makeup on my face and whatnot. I was surprised how quiet she was being right now. This was not the Jasmine I knew in high school. The Jasmine I knew back then wouldn't spend one second without insulting me. The Jasmine I knew would probably mess up my face on purpose right now. She focused on what she was doing and didn't pay me any attention. Not that I'm complaining anyway.

"I'm guesing y'all didn't get along?" Laura chuckled. Apparently. It's unsual to get along with your boyfriend's ex. It's impossible to. One will always have a problem with the other.

"No, we-"

"We were friends actually." Jasmine interrupted me. I mentally rolled my eyes. "Well, we started out as friends-"

"Until she started fucking shit up." I finished for her.

She nodded and looked at Laura. "Until I started fucking shit up." She agreed.

I was shocked but shrugged it off. Laura and I talked a bit but Jasmine stayed quiet. When I was done, I looked at myself in the mirror and gasped. I look beautiful.

"Aw, thank guys!" I smile. "I love it." They smiled at me and nodded.

"Can I have some privacy with her please, Laura?" I heard Jasmine ask Laura, who nodded.

She walked out of the room and I turned around. I laughed slightly. "Who are you?"

"Pardon me?" She furrowed her eyebrows. She look perplexed. "Uh, Jasmine?"

"I know that." I approached her. "Who is this Jasmine? That is not the one I knew."

"Well, people change, Zonnique." She shrugged. "I changed. I take life more seriously now. I wanted to stop depending on people so I went and worked for my stuff. And life has been better for me. I stopped torturing people's life."

I nodded. "Good for you." I meant that.

"So, I want to apologize." She played with her fingers. "For everything I've done and said. Chresanto never cheated on you with me. I'm sorry if I ever messed up your relationship."

"Do you mean it?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

She nodded. "I'm really sorry."

I did a small smile. "I think I already forgave you, I don't hold grudges. Everything that you did only brought Chresanto and I closer."

"I'm happy for you guys," She said, sincerely. "But, we don't really have time to talk, you have to get dressed. So, how about we have lunch tomorrow? On me."

I nodded. "Sure," I gave her my number so she could call or text me what time. I was happy she came to her senses.

I put on this ravishing outfit they gave me and it looked great with my hair and makeup. I walked on set, my heels clicking on the floor. Chresanto looked at me, his jaws dropped. I blushed and walked slowly towards him.

"You look beautiful, baby." He grabbed my waist and was about to kiss me but I quickly turn my face and he ended up kissing my jaw.

"You'll ruin my lipstick." I giggled and kissed his cheek. "And thank you."