Chapter 28

Sophia POV

I made my way slowly to the tree and transformed. I put on the jeans and hoodie before emerging.

Gray was sat by the edge of the lake looking into the deep water. His eyebrows were furrowed as if he was confused about something or thinking really hard about something.

I sat down beside him and looked up to the starry night. It was beautiful. All the stars shining brightly in the sky. A voice broke me out of my own thoughts.

"I'm sorry." Said Gray simply looking into my eyes. I could tell he was sincere.

"I know." I said. "And I'm sorry too for blowing up at you. It's just...I've always depended on myself and so everything I have achieved in my life, I am proud of. No matter how much stuff I have, I know I've bought them through my own hard work, without anyone's help."

"I know." Said Gray. "That's why I'm sorry for making you feel this way. You are my mate and should be treated like the Queen you are to become. I didn't mean to belittle you in any way. I just wanted to make life easier for you as I can tell you have had a hard life."

I simply nodded my head at him. "I know I have had a hard life, but that doesn't mean it is a time I can forget. It will forever be a part of my life. It's made me the person I am today. I appreciate you want my life to be easier and I know life with you will be much different to what I am used to but I don't want to change who I am just because my mate it the King. I don't want to lose my identity."

Gray looked at me confused. "I don't want you to change who you are. You will make a fantastic Queen just with the way you are. You are kind yet fierce, wise yet compassionate. That's what I Iove about you...I love you for you." He said, taking my hands in his.

I froze in place, not believing the words I was hearing. Did he literally just say he loved me? My mind went blank and I just stared at him in shock for a while.

Gray looked uncomfortable. "I'm not expecting you to say anything but know that I do love you and will forever love you. I thank the Moon Goddess for bringing us together."

I did the only thing I thought was appropriate at the time and put my hands on both sides of Gray's face. I brought his face towards me and I gave him the most passionate kiss I could ever give him. He seemed shocked to begin with but then he responded thankfully with just as much passion.

After a long while, we broke the passionate embrace to get some air. We both looked at each other feeling breathless.

"Gray...I love you too. Now and forever." I replied back finally.

Gray's face broke into a huge smile before we shared another passionate kiss.

We lay down in each other's embrace for a while, staring at the start night above us. The silence between us was far from uncomfortable. This moment was absolutely perfect.

"I've got one more thing that I need to do." Said Gray, getting up, taking me with him. We were on our feet. "I can't think of a more perfect moment to do this. I was going to wait until your coronation to do this but I think this moment is just too perfect."

I looked at Gray confused. "Coronation?" I asked confused.

"It's where you are announced to the whole werewolf community as the Luna Queen." He simply replied.

I nodded in understanding. "So what are you going to do now then that can't wait until the coronation?" I asked still confused as to what he was going to do.

Gray simply took a box out of his pocket and opened it. He got down on one knee before showing me what was in the box. It was the most beautiful ring I had ever seen! So simple yet elegant. It was a platinum ring with a beautiful diamond in the middle and an intricate twist for the band. It was so beautiful; I couldn't think of anything more beautiful than this other than this moment. (picture of the ring above)

Gray took my hand in his and looked deeply into my eyes. "Sophia, it has taken me such a long time to find you and for that, I am sorry. I know I could have saved you from your torment sooner if only I looked harder. Now that I have found you, I don't want to let you go. You are my soul mate, my Queen and most importantly my best friend. I ant you to be mine forever for as long as we can. Sophia, will you marry me?"

As he was talking, I was trying so hard to keep my composure, but by the end, I was in floods of tears. My tears would not stop no matter how hard I tried.

Gray kept his focus on me and after a while got up and embraced me. "It's ok if you aren't ready to say yes, but please don't cry. I can't bear to see your tears my love."

I buried my head into his chest, letting all my years of pent up despair and frustration out. Gray simply held me and said no more.

After a while, I looked up into my mate's eyes. "Yes." I whispered.

Gray looked at me once more.

"Yes, I will marry you." I replied, smiling at him.

Gray smiled back before letting me go and placing the beautiful ring on my finger. We shared another passionate embrace before Gray changed back into his wolf form. I changed back into my wolf form and then we both headed back to the palace.

Another chapter up as promised!

Hope you've all enjoyed this chapter as much as I had writing it. A beautiful and romantic moment between our two main characters.

Things are looking up for Sophia and I am now getting to the end of this story.

Thank you all for the votes and the amazing comments! I'm so glad you're enjoying the story. Please keep commenting and voting. It's encouraging me to keep writing.

Until next time folks!