Dwarf Courting

Imagine for TheyDontKnowAboutUs5

Thorin Oakenshield and his company had been relcutant to let you join the company when you arrived at Bilbo Baggins' house with Gandalf. Yes you were a Dwarf but you were only half, your mother was an Elf and your father was a Dwarf, so that made you half Elf and half Dwarf. You had gotten your mothers Elven looks so you were quite pretty and you had your fathers height so you were a bit smaller than Thorin. Eventually Thorin stopped aruging with Gandalf and allowed you to join the company on the quest to reclaim Erebor.

That was a month ago and Thorin had taken quite a shine to you, he would always be by your side, talking about Erebor and Dale. He told you he couldn't wait to rebuild his kingdom so that you could see it. Fili and Kili had noticed that you and Thorin had been spending a lot of time together and decided to have a little bet on the situation.

"I give a week before Thorin starts to court y/n." Fili whispers.

"Don't be silly Fili. I give it a day or two." Kili replies.

"You want to bet on it?"

"You're on brother."

They shake hands and Dwalin goes over to the two of them and asks what they are betting on.

"How long it will take Thorin to court y/n." Kili tells him. "I'm saying a day or two. Whereas Fili here thinks it will be a week."

"I have to agree with Kili, look at the two of them, they never leave each other side. They even sleep next to each other if you haven't noticed."

"We shall camp here for the night." Thorin shouts.

Thorin and you decide to go take a walk by the lake to get some privacy, without having loads of eyes staring at the two of you. Thorin sits himself on a boulder and you sit inbetween his legs, his arms wrapped around you.

"Y/n."

"Yes Thorin."

"I was just wondering if you would let me braid your hair?"

"Yeah okay then."

Thorin takes a small piece of hair from behind your ear and begins to braid it, he was so gentle even with his rough hands. You could have fell asleep with him playing with your hair it was so soothing, when he was done with the braid he pulled out a little clasp from his pocket and puts it at the end of your braid.

"All done. We best head back to camp before the others wonder what we are doing."

"Okay." Is all you say.

Once you get back Thorin goes over to Dwalin and you sit inbetween Fili and Kili. The boys notice the braid in your hair and Kili starts smiling at his brother, knowing that he has won the bet."

"What are you smiling at Kili." You ask

"I see that Uncle Thorin has put a braid in your hair." He says inoccently.

"Yes, what about it?" You ask curiously wondering what the hell was going on.

"He has told you what it means?" Fili pipes in. "I think you should go and ask him."

You leave it till later on in the night when everyone is asleep and your sitting next to Thorin.

"I was talking to your nephews earlier."

"What about?"

"They noticed the braid in my hair and started to get all happy about it. What does it mean Thorin?"

Thorin looks at you and smiles. He tells you that the braid means that he wants to court you and spend the rest of his life with you. You find this really romantic that he, Thorin Oakenshield would do something so sweet like court you. You kiss him on the lips, this being your very first kiss, Thorin is shocked at first but he kisses you back.

"I'm guessing that you're okay with me courting you?"

"Yes Thorin Oakenshield I am."

Not my best, but hope you guys like it :)