Can't Stay Away (Part 3)

Dragon sickness, Balin had told you how Thorins grandfather had suffered from it before Erebor was taken by the dragon Smaug. You had laughed it off when he suggested that Thorin could suffer the same fate as his grandfather but he was nothing like Thror, Thorin was alot strong or so you thought.

You had reclaimed the mountain and the dragon Smaug had been defeated, you should be happy but how could you possible be when the love of your life had started to act so strange, so withdrawn from you and the rest of the company. Thorin would spend days on end just staring at the mountains of gold, whilst you and everyone else searched the Arkenstone. It had taken over Thorins life, he made no time for you and barely acknowledge you whenever you tried to talk to him, you were losing Thorin all over again even after he promised that you would never lose him.

You two had talked hours on end throughout the journey to Erebor, how you couldn't wait to rebuild your home and start a family of your own. At times you thought that it would never happen, as you had nearly lost Thorin not long into the journey when Azog the Deflier had found you and Thorin had nearly died trying to kill him, but with a little help from Gandalf, Thorin made a recovery.

That seemed so long ago and now you had to put up with Thorin and this stupid dragon sickness, you were tired of looking for the Arkenstone when you decided to take a rest, what a big mistake that was.

"Y/n, what do you think you are doing?"

"I'm taking a rest Thorin, I am tired and I cannot keep searching for this stone."

"GET UP NOW."

Thorin had never shouted at you in your lifetime, it made you flinch with fear. You had never seen Thorin so angry. You stand up and look him directly in the eyes.

"Do not Thorin ever shout at me again. You cannot see what you have become. Look around you, your nephews and friends are terrified of you and so am I, never did I think that you of all dwarves would succumb to the dragon sickness. I will not stand here and watch everyone who I love go to war over a stupid stone, Azog is out there Thorin planning something and we need you to be ready for when he does attack."

You leave the room and go outside for some air. You couldn't get the look of Thorins face out of your mind. You had no idea how long you had been standing outside but it was starting to get dark, you turn around to go back inside and see Thorin standing at the entrance. You slowly walk over to him and he meets you halfway.

"I am such a fool." He says

"I know you are."

You notice that he isn't wearing any of his armour and has taken off his crown.

"I'm so sorry y/n, you were right about everything. I was so blinded by the dragon sickness I couldn't see what I was doing to the company and most importantly you. I have sent word out to Dain to help us fight Azog. Again you are right about him he could attack us at anytime and we need to be ready for war."

You hug Thorin and kiss he softly on the lips.

"I will fight by your side Thorin I promise, there is no way you are keeping me in that mountain."

"Nothing I say will keep you in there will it?"

"No nothing will, besides my archery skills will come in handy and you know that I'm right."

Thorin laughs and kisses you once more before you make your way inside the mountain.

3 days later

Dain's army had managed to reach Erebor just in time for Azogs attack. You were fighting alongside Thorin like you said you would. It was hard to keep an eye on him when there were so many orcs runnig at you. You saw an orc heading towards Fili and you shot it with an arrow before it even had chance to raise its weapon.