Chapter Nine

Hey guys, I'm writing this on my grandmas computer and I only have a short amount of time before my mum comes and tells me off for being unsociable, so yeh. Read it.

Song of the day: This ain't a scene... by Fall Out Boy. It's on my guitar hero game. :) xx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do I have to?" I said quietly.

"What do you think?" he said, cocking his head.

"Ok." I took a deep breath. "Well when I was 10, I was kidnapped by a random guy off the street. He kept me as a kind of nurse or maid for the children he brought to the warehouse to" I gulped "Sell." I heard Alex gasp " If I did anything wrong, he would beat me. Even if I didn't do anything wrong he beat me actually. He poisoned me, killed people in front of me, and when I was about 14 he..." I paused, before whispering "raped me." I made my voice slightly louder. " Earlier this year, something clicked. He got drunk one night, and I ran for it. He didn't think I would after 5 years I would attempt to escape. I managed to find a policestation and I ran in there told them very basic details and then collapsed. I woke up a week later in hospital. I stayed at home for about 5 months, before my parents forced me to go back to school. You know that bit. But I can't be touched. By anyone. Not even my parents. And it kills them a little bit inside everyday. You noticed how worked up I got on the first day. And now you know why." By the end of it I was sobbing. I couldn't help it. Still avoiding Alex's eyes I shrunk back in a corner with my chin resting on my knees. Strand of hair cast a shadow across my face, and I heard Alex get up and walk over to me.

"So your arms..." He already knew the answer. "I'm sorry. I really am I had no idea, and you were going through so much. Oh god I'm a terrible person." I just sat there sobbing. He put a hand on my shoulder and I flinched, holding my breath. "I really am sorry Scarlett." he whispered.

"Can I have a minunte?" I choked out, swallowing the sobs in my throat. He nodded, and I ran from the room, collapsing down on a chair in the dining room. I put my head in my hands, and sat there for a long time, tears sliding down my face. I knew he would see the scars eventually, so I decided to show him now. Quietly getting up, I walked to the bathroom, and grabbed a make up wipe from bag. Befor long, all of the make up was gone. I didn't look at my face. I would cry again if I did. I took off my hoodie and walked downstairs and straight into the living room, my eyes going straight to Alex's face. When he noticed Iwas there, he looked up and brought a hand to his mouth.

"Oh god" he whispered, and I saw his fist clench.

"Calm down"

"How can I Scarlett? Your face, your beautiful face, scarred with all those lines. I always wondered why you wore so much make up, and now I know why. I want to kill the person who did to you" he growled.

"Please calm down. You'll bring the fever back again." My voice cracked partway through and his face softened.

"Did it hurt?" he said quietly. I nodded. "A lot?" I nodded again, sitting down next to him, tears trailing down my cheeks. "I'm sorry" he closed his eyes and I heard his breathing become even as he fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry its short, I just wanted to upload something :)

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

:P