Sula is the Librarian

They walked along the warm volcano path along the mountain.

Dell held Al in his arms like a mother would hold her child. The shadow moved slowly.

"Does it pain you?" Dell asked, the shadow frowned, "Do not falter, now that we are able to draw the queen from hiding, this is our chance."

It gestured apologetically and stopped walking tired again.

"For the most part, he seems to be easier to care for." Dell tried to cheer the shadow Cheshire up.

Even if it didn't work he knew he had to try. There was no point in being with him if he didn't try.

Al held the big bubble spoon in his hand and dragged the big bubble bottle by a thick string pulling it on a wagon.

"Hehehe, food," Al laughed dreaming of small goldfish looking like sushi in a fish bowl.

They walked around the large dormant volcano that hadn't erupted for years on end.

Dell looked at it feeling the heat from the ground rise. He lift himself and the shadow off the ground and into the air where they walked still, yet floating.

The shadow looked at him wondering why he did so.

"Just a cautious thing." He said.

Al stirred and woke up. He still had the bubble spoon pulling the bottle by the floating wagon.

Al didn't say anything, his eyes were normal and he was tired.

"I'm... so sorry.." Al whispered tiredly.

"Do not apologize." Dell said. "I am here to care for you in Cheshire's place." He said. "But I am not replacing him." he said.

".. Oh.." Al smiled sickly, "I don't.. want to live anymore.." he said softly,

"But you must." Dell pulled him up because he slid down some.

"I was never wanted here.." Al looked at the volcano.

It was large and the top was filled with snow from piercing the clouds in winter.

He smiled thinking of Cheshire, "maybe he will be waiting?" Al said keeping his left eye closed.

"May I ask for a favor?" Dell said, Al looked up at him not moving his head or body. "May we visit the library in your domain?" he asked.

"My domain?" Al said, "But without Cheshire.."

"Believe in him. Cheshire is too stubborn to die." Dell laughed. Al narrowed his eyes and smiled.

"Okay.." he closed his eyes and a door opened.

Dell, the shadow, and the large bubble bottle all went in.

They stepped onto the tile floor beneath them and Dell looked around.

For a moment he didn't say anything. He studied the halls quickly and held Al up more who slipped.

Al opened his eyes seeing the shadow of Cheshire. He was too tired to move or smile anymore.

The shadow ear straightened and when he slowly closed his eyes they turned black and its ears lowered again.

"From what I do know.." Dell walked through the halls, "this is the library.." he saw the name over it and nodded.

The shadow gestured that all the rooms had names even if they were silly names.

"I see!" Dell said understanding. "What a wonderful way to name things!" He opened the door going in literally astound.

Massive shelves were everywhere, books were in them all stacked and neat.

"What a wonderful library, it must have all the knowledge of Wonderland." He said.

The door closed on its own after they walked in. Dell lay Al on the couch in the very center of he huge library.

Al could feel the glorious moonlight yet didn't open his eyes. Instead, he fell asleep with it.

"Ugh.." he stirred.

Dell and False saw the black lines cross more along his arms and torso. They shined and dimmed.

The shadow gestured that the lines were consuming Al and all left that he was.

Dell nodded knowing this too.

He quickly went on his search as he turned he saw a woman.

"... I am not here for a fight." Dell said showing he was unarmed.

"It is not but a fight I seek, what are you doing here?" The woman asked pushing up her glasses and holding a book in between her body and arm.

She had brown-blonde hair and smart seamless eyes. She wore a frill dress and had a crescent moon on her shoulder.

"I am Dell, King of Diamonds." He said, "I have come here to simply look for knowledge." He said standing his ground.

"I see. Master," she bowed to the shadow knowing who it was. "I am Sula, the librarian of this library. I know everything in these books. Where to look, what to find," she said proudly, "What is the knowledge you wish to know?"

Dell thought quick and answered, "How do we bring Cheshire back to his normal self?"

"Well that is a simple question. The Hall of Memories is an unlimited place. No one simply 'dies' there and does not revive. By removing his soul, he willed himself to to resurrect in that place. If he goes back now.." She said, "He will see the light again."

A wind blew through the library. Dell and Sula looked. The shadow hand run out the library heading down the hall and disappearing.

"What else to do seek to know?" She asked feeling the prescience that he wanted to know more.

Dell looked at Al, she walked closer and examined him.

"Is there... a way to save him?" Dell asked, "To cure him from this evil fate?"

Sula touched his cheek softly and the black lines grew more. Her eyes narrowed and she stood. Her book opened and pictures came out.

"It is but a legend." She began. "But I do know that there is a piece of the Dark Queen's staff that you need. It had Venom on it, a dark purple liquid, it should cure him." She said.

"And if there is none of the such?"

"Then Al will suffer.. until his death in his own world is certain."

Dell couldn't accept that outcome. He looked at Sula.

"Will you always be here?" He asked,

"Of course, until he shall find it in his darkening heart to reject me as he did the guardians." She said.

"Oba, what about Oba?"

"He has died years ago, with Al in this state there is no way he will ever come back."

"If we cure him, we will find Oba, the tablets will be complete and the goddess will be blessed to her rightful will, yes?"

"Yes?"

"And what has become of the spade king?"

"It seems he vanished from Wonderland, I cannot sense his presence anymore.. perhaps.. he met his worst fate." Sula looked at Al again.

She sat down on the couch edge and stared at him.

"I pray that he will be cured."