Chapter Twelve- Refocusing energy.

~Trevin's point of view~

It's been one full month since she walked out of my office. I haven't heard a peep from her. I haven't been back to the club. I haven't sent any more texts; I'm literally living my age. I get up, go to work, come home, eat, and go to bed. There is nothing in between.

I get most of my information about her from Luke here at work. He officially moved in with them. He swears that nothing has happened between them. He also made it clear that he isn't the reason why. He said she doesn't want him. He said it got close once, and one of the sisters from the new build called. I don't know why she called him. I am thankful that she did.

I know that the girls said it we be up to the guys. I know my son. If he says he loves them both, then he does. Anyone that's going to be with either girl is going almost have to feel that way. Any other way could be disastrous for them.

Today I have a business lunch. This is something that she would typically do with me. She isn't here. I refuse to hire anyone else; that's her job. I'll go alone and make sure I pay attention. I have to focus on my career. If I don't, my mind is on her. What am I talking about? My mind is on her anyway.

I work up until it's time to leave for lunch. I drive across town to the restaurant the client chose. The hostess seats me since I'm there first. I sit at the table and look up. I lock eyes with Serenity.

About the time I go to stand up. Shane comes up behind her. He puts his hand on her back, leans, and kisses her cheek. She smiles at him. I've seen that smile many times. She likes him.

My client shows up. I half-way pay attention. I got most of what I needed; I couldn't keep my eyes off of them. She likes him, but she doesn't feel for him the way she does for me. I can see it on her face. That gives me some kind of hope.

~Serenity's point of view~

Shane has been asking me out. I finally decided to accept a date. He picked the restaurant. I drive there and get seated. I had been there a few minutes when I look up and lock eyes with Trevin.

We just stare at each other. Shane comes up, and I divert my attention to him. That's until a see a gorgeous supermodel blonde walk up and sit down with Trevin. I try my best to stay focused on Shane. I can't.

Shane: "Serenity?"

Serenity: "Hmm?"

Shane: "He's here, isn't he?"

Serenity: "Yes."

Shane: "Why don't you just talk to him?"

Serenity: "I can't. I can let him hurt me again."

Shane: "I care about you, Serenity. I know that I can't compete with him. I'm not even going to try."

Serenity: "I'm sorry."

Shane: "Don't be. You were honest from the beginning. I knew it was a long shot, especially with your relationship with Bridgette and Luke. I can't fit in that world. Bridgette is my sister."

Serenity: "That would make it a bit awkward."

Shane: "I honestly didn't think about that until I sat down right here."

Serenity: "I haven't been with Luke. Not since it ended with Trevin."

Shane: "I assumed...."