Chapter Ten- The truth is revealed.

~Trevin's point of view~

I'm sitting at my desk. I should have talked to her over the weekend; I didn't. She told me the street that she lived on. I know her car; I should have knocked on her door and told her. Instead, I was a chicken shit, and this is going to cause a clusterfuck of problems.

I got here early. She doesn't come in until eight. I told the guys to come in at ten. I can only blame myself for all of this. I should have just manned up and told Dasher that I wanted his daughter.

It's too late now. I have to deal with whatever happens. I am assuming the worst, especially after Friday. I know that she's still hurting. Luke went to see Bridgette yesterday, and he said she wouldn't come out of her room. He admitted that he cuddled with her. He assured me nothing happened. I couldn't say shit if it did. She isn't mine. She may never be mine.

~Serenity's point of view~

I thought about calling in. I've worked at this place since I was sixteen years old. I'm thirty. I've never once called out. I'm not going to start now just to avoid my boss. I get to the garage. My eyes land on the passageway. I totally avoid it. I don't know if he's in there or not, but I'm not going to find out. I go in and say hello to Betty, then make my way to the elevator. I sit at my desk and turn my computer on. Trevin's door opens; he comes out.

Trevin: "Morning, Sweetheart."

Serenity: "Morning."

Trevin: "I have a meeting at nine that I'd like you to sit in on."

Serenity: "Ok."

He has a meeting with Fredricken Electrical.

Trevin wants them on a build he's doing. His guys are coming in today. They are all licensed contractors. He's told me some about them but not a lot. The Young build is the first being done since Trevin got here. It's for Young, Dower, and Caprise; they are accountants and want to expand their business. They are three sisters and were left land by their dad, so they figured it was time to build.

They came up with the plan. Trevin made detailed notes about what they wanted. One of his guys sketched it. Trevin pitched it to the sisters, and they loved it. I assume he wants me to take notes of products and pricing and email it to him.

He goes back in his office and leaves the door open. I stay at my desk, filing paperwork he had left on my desk before I got here. I feel his eyes on me while I work. I won't let myself go there again. I'm perfectly happy with Bridgette, and Luke's snuggles are fabulous. I don't need a man.

I know that he wants to talk. I don't. We had a few moments; that's enough. I meant when I told whomever he is that he is the one and only man that I will say those three words to. I will not say it to another man. Even the two guys I was in previous relationships never heard those words. I refuse to say them unless I mean them. I meant them when I said them to him. I still mean them. I do love him. When he left the way, he did. I knew that I would never see him again.

That's why I skipped Friday. The girls had it; It was just his crew anyway. That was also a first in nine years. I don't bail on my responsibilities. I just knew I couldn't let him walk away from me a second time. Once was enough. I also didn't trust myself not to pull the blindfold off. Staying home was the lesser of the two evils. I made the best decision for myself; I made the best decision for my heart.

My timer goes off. I go in his office.

Trevin: "Pull one of those chairs over here."