1: Our First Encounter

Walking back home from a long part-time job, Han Suyeon scrolls over her phone to take a look at all the news that she missed that day. She accidentally bumps over a guy with an all black hoodie and sweatpants who smells like mint perfume. She quickly apologizes and continues her walks. She doesn't even feel anything suspicious.

Finally arrived home, Suyeon quickly lies down on the sofa as she has been standing for 12 hours straight. She realizes there is a minty smell on her shoulder. It must be from the guy that I bumped onto.

She switches on the television to watch any dramas. She suddenly heard something falls in her bathroom. While sighing, she walks to the bathroom switching the light on. As she opens the door, her heart stops beating for a while.

"... Who are you?" She asks a guy with the same black hoodie and sweatpants that she bumps onto on the street.

The silence is too dangerous for both of them. Suyeon might get hurt from the guy and the guy might get caught by police. She doesn't even see any weird things happened in her bathroom. She bravely grabs the guy's hand, pulls him nearer. It is minty smell.

"Tell me your reason why you're here. I won't call police if you're honest." Suyeon is being serious.

The guy stays silent but weirdly he doesn't even free his hand from Suyeon. The girl is impatient, she tries to take the hoodie off from covering the guy. A fast reflex of him, both of them hugging each other. Suyeon is now more confused.

"Don't tell anyone about my presence here. From today, this will be our first day together." A raspy deep voice whispers to Suyeon.

Shocked with what the guy said, she quickly pushes him away still trying to figure out who is the guy. She is insecure because she has lots of guys chasing her around but because she is sick falling in love, she rejects all of them.

"Tell me who are you?!" She cries.

"It's too early to tell you." The guy replies, kisses her instead of explaining more.

He stops as he feels tears on his cheeks which are not his but Suyeon's. He breaks the kiss to wipe the tears on the girl he likes. "I'll give you hint one by one. But promise me, don't find another person to replace me." The kindness in his voice can be heard.

Suyeon gets out from the bathroom to call someone to help her. As she goes back to the bathroom to check him out, he already went out. It is a mystery because her house is on the 12th floor and the window in the bathroom is too small for human to trespass in.

Am I just seeing things? I must be too tired. She thoughts.

A few hours has passed. Suyeon gets out from the bathroom after taking a refreshing shower. She tries to forget all the things that happened and accepts them as a dream. Checking all the door is locked, she finally goes to her bedroom. Sits on the vanity, she wears her skincare. As she touches her lips, she still remember the sudden kiss. She closes her eyes for a long time to forget the incident.

The sudden phone calls disturbs her remedy. She answers right away without reading the caller ID. "Hello-"

"Are you still thinking about our first kiss?" The same raspy voice asks in the phone call.

Suyeon hangs up the call right away, heading to her bed. She covers all her body with the blanket hugging herself to sleep. This is a huge nightmare for her. Please don't bother me anymore.

06:00. Suyeon can't sleep well. She is being too cautious all night long. She has to go to work although she is too sleepy. She gets up from her bed, heading to the bathroom right away. Her trauma makes her suffer but she is trying to be fine. Taking her toothbrush, wondering why it is wet when she is the only one using it.

"... Isn't it too early for you to disturb me again?" She whines, searching for the new toothbrush on the shelves.

"But it's already our day 2." The voice that she hates replied. It is from behind of the door, outside of the bathroom.

"What's the point of us started 'dating' when I can't even see your own face? And... when I don't know if you're a real human or not?" She answers emotionally because of her lack of sleep.

"If I confessed, will you able to accept my presence?" For the first time, the husky voice sounds timid.

"And if you know I can't accept you, why you still urge me to date you?" Suyeon throws her old toothbrush on the door frustratedly. "I don't even ask to live this way. Can't you find another girl besides me? This is too much for me to handle!"

The door opened. Suyeon doesn't even face him. She already feels disgusted by him. The guy stands directly in front of her, holding Suyeon's face to face each other's faces. "Now... Will you hate me?" He asks.

Suyeon drops her toothbrush that she is holding, staring at him unbelievably. "I'm imagining things right? Aren't you already dead..." She stutters.

× FLASHBACK ×

2019. Suyeon just finished her extra classes. There is barely no students at the school. She walks over the corridor to get back home. She suddenly heard a commotion happened outside. Figuring out what is happening, there is a boy wanted to do a suicide by jumping off the rooftop. Suyeon runs with all her might to save him although she doesn't even know who the boy is.

As soon as she banged the door to the rooftop, the boy is still standing there. "Please... Don't do it. You still have a long way to go." Suyeon pleads.

The boy turns around. His nametag shows his name — Kim Younghoon. "What way is it? Eunha left me and I don't have anyone else than her. What's the use of living here and there without her by my side?" He speaks with tears in his eyes.

"But-"

Before Suyeon could finished her words, the boy has fell down. Crying with all her might, she couldn't save someone again like before. Starting at that time, she has became so nervous when she saw someone fighting in relationship.

× END OF FLASHBACK ×