21~Broken~

"Hinata..." Coach Ukai breathed out a sigh of relief. "Thank god you're here."

The orange-haired boy ran over to the setter, kneeled down, and took his hand. He stared at the bruises and cuts in agony. It pained him to know how much Kageyama must have been suffering.

"What happened?" Hinata asked the coach softly as he held his boyfriend's hand, not looking away from the injuries.

Ukai sighed, and leaned back in his chair. "I was driving home last night when I came across a body in the road. I didn't know it was him at first, but I stopped to check anyways. He looked just as you see him now, except soaking wet and covered in blood. To be honest, I have no idea what happened."

Hinata looked down at the boy, 90% sure of what happened and who did it. Although without 100% evidence, he couldn't say anything. 

"I put him in the back of my car and took him here last night, but he hasn't woken up yet." The coach sighed and covered his face with his hands.

Just then, a doctor knocked and entered the room, closing the door behind him.

"You must be Hinata," He began, looking down at the boy. Hinata nodded. "You were his one emergency contact, although I'm not sure why he'd have it be a child."

Hinata sighed, not having the patience for this anymore. "I'm not a child, in fact I'm older than him," Hinata death stared the doctor.

"Oh, I see! My mistake," he rubbed the back of his head and smiled at the boy, trying to calm him down. "Now I know this is kind of sudden, but do you have any idea what could have happened here?"

Hinata hesitated to answer that question. Before he had a chance to pick an answer, the door burst open once again.

Nishinoya POV

The team ran to the correct room and swung open the door. Noya stood on his tippy-toes to look over Yamaguchi's shoulder and gasped.

He stared at Kageyama laying on the bed, unconscious. Hinata kneeled beside him, covered in sweat, holding the setter's hand. Coach Ukai sat beside them, his hair even more of a mess than it usually is.

The team stared at the distress on the faces in the room.

Nobody had ever seen Hinata look so helpless before, he looked happier when they lost to Aoba Johsai. 

Noya squeezed his tiny body through the small crowd of people to get inside. "Shoyo! What happened?" Hinata didn't answer. He looked at the small boy sadly, then back to the setter. He didn't have any life in his eyes, and he'd lost his usual spark.

"Shoyo..."  the libero sadly walked over to the boy and bent down to match him. Hinata's gaze didn't waver, he kept his eyes on his boyfriend.

Daichi talked to the doctor, while the others walked over to look at the injured boy, and talk to the coach. 

Because of all the commotion in the room, Tobio started to stir. Hinata's eyes widened and squeezed the limp hand he was holding even tighter. Everyone looked over to the boy, the room going silent.

"Kageyama?" The team looked over at the spiker, who they had not yet heard speak. 

The setter's eyes slowly opened, but he quickly shut them again because of the bright lights in the room.

"Shut off the lights!" Hinata ordered. Normally, nobody in the room would take orders from the small boy seriously, but in that moment he looked like a mother lion protecting her young, about to attack or eat anybody that came close. With that threat, Noya scrambled away from the two, desperate not to get eaten.