12~Past~

Sorry in advance for the angst...

*Trigger warning*

The sky looked like a watercolor painting, the reds, pinks, oranges, and yellows bleeding into each other beautifully. The birds gave an early morning display of their singing, and the slight breeze rustled the trees.

Kageyama was the first to wake up. It took him a minute to address his situation, but smiled when he saw who he was hugging.

He saw the beautiful shades of the sky reflect on the tiny spiker's face, making his hair shine a beautiful shade of orange.

The setter pulled his small boyfriend closer, not wanting this paradise to end. However, his efforts were futile.

Kageyama POV

Kageyama whipped his head around to look at the source of the squealing noise coming from the hallway, and saw Natsu standing there, looking extra energetic.

He groaned, knowing what was coming.

"Mommy, look! Kageyama and Shoyo are doing what you and Daddy used to do!"

Hinata's mother sprinted to the doorway, with a furious expression he never thought the kind woman could produce. When she looked into the room though, she immediately calmed down.

"Oh..." She panted and put her hand over her heart. "Natsu, don't scare me like that, you know we don't talk about what happened, it makes mommy sad." She picked up the child.

Kageyama gave her an expression mixed with confusion and alarm, wondering what she was talking about.

"Don't worry about it Kageyama, I'm not mad at you." She assured him. "Just, make sure you take care of him, okay?" She made sure Kageyama promised her, and walked away.

The promise Kageyama had made to Hinata's mother that day was sincere, and he would bet his life on it. He laid back down, and waited for his little boyfriend to wake up.

About ten minutes later, Hinata started squirming around in Kageyama's arms, and slowly woke up. When he opened his eyes and saw his favorite setter, he smiled up at him, and gave him a good morning kiss. Kageyama accepted it gratefully, and returned the favor.

After a few minutes of waiting for the small spiker to fully regain his consciousness, Kageyama asked the feared question.

"So, sorry for returning to this topic..." The setter cautiously started, and felt the little redhead tense up underneath him. "But, do you have any idea why your mom is so cautious about her past with your dad?"

Hinata tensed up even more as Kageyama explained the situation to him.

Hinata looked down in despair, and Kageyama knew that he knew the exact reason for this.

"Well, I think I might know..." He hesitantly started. "A couple years after I was born, my dad started drinking a lot, and got really angry." Hinata started sweating and looked down at his hands. "Luckily he didn't touch me, but he would hit my mom a lot. I couldn't do anything to help her because of how young I was, but I remember it like it was yesterday."

Kageyama looked down at his little partner, and looked into his traumatized eyes, regretting asking the question and making him reflect on the worst point in his life.

Hinata started to tear up. Kageyama couldn't tell if it was from trauma or anger, but either way, it broke his heart.

"A-and it got to the point where he would do things to her against her will. He would r-ra-" Hinata couldn't bring himself to say the awful word "And-" He sniffled. "And, that's how Natsu was born. He did it for years, u-until he finally ran away."