chapter sixteen

boruto's pov

"ice cream is so bomb! thanks for paying, sarada." cho-cho exclaims. she digs into her cookies and cream ice cream, devouring it in less than a minute. "no prob, cho." sarada laughs. she sits in between hima and inojin, eating a scoop of her plain vanilla ice cream with brownie bits.

"hey lovebirds!" she says. i give her a puzzled look as she looks back at me, shrugging. hima's face turns a bright red as she looks away. inojin smiles as he eats a scoop of his mint chocolate chip ice cream, looking around. "we aren't lovebirds sarada oneechan!" hima replies, smacking her wrist playfully.

"your face says otherwise!" she teases. the two start bickering playfully, as shikadai mumbles 'troublesome'.

"oohhh i'm telling boltttt!"

"ugh, i don't like him that way four eyes!"

"okay ms i'm-blushing-for-no-reason!"

"you're so annoyingggg."

i found myself enjoying their conversation, laughing at each tease. they both looked back at me, showing me a puzzled look. i then focus my attention to a bored shikadai, calm mitsuki, and even more bored inojin.

"girls. so troublesome. just wait until chubs joins in." shikadai grumbles. inojin smacks his arm. "don't give her ideas!" he says.

cho-cho joins in, insulting both of them.

"what a drag.." the two say in unison. mitsuki looks at inojin, then at shikadai. "i didn't know you said that too, inojin!" he says. i shift myself to their conversation, but caught myself looking at sarada a lot. her dark deep onyx eyes, followed by her oversized cotton-white t-shirt, complementing her black leggings that hugged her well. how did she pull off such a simple outfit?

"hey boruto, you're doing a really bad job at trying not to look at her." mitsuki teases. inojin glares at me. "who's her, mitsuki?" he asks, glaring daggers at me. if looks could kill, i would've been dead by now. i eat my ice cream, the strawberry kicking in, making it feel like heaven. atleast when inojin kills me, i'll have the taste of ice cream in my mouth?

"sarada." mitsuki says, nonchalantly. is he trying to make me die or something? not cool man, not cool. i glare at mitsuki, not noticing the harsh glares coming from inojin. "you have a GIRLFRIEND, you know." inojin reminds me. i grin sheepishly at him. "ya! i know." 

"then why are you looking at sarada?" he asks, showing that creepy smile from uncle sai. shikadai groans and then looks at both of us, engaging into our conversation. "no reason!" i say, trying to steer away from the conversation. 

"he likes sarada, inojin. it doesn't take a whole essay to tell you that." shikadai says, exposing me. inojin raises an eyebrow. "she has a boyfriend, so if you break them apart and make sarada upset.." he threatens. 

"come on! ya know, you're making me sound bad!" i say, trying to lighten the mood. i turn around, hima smiling. "hi oniichaaannn!" she says, grabbing my arm. i groan and expect the worst. she takes me to a bench, away from everyone else. 

"when did you like sarada, mister?" she asks, her eyes turning a cold blue. 

"i don't know? seventh grade?" i say, sheepishly grinning. her eyes widen, and she bursts into squeals. "keep it down will ya!" i reply in a hushed tone.

"i knew that she was gonna be my sister! heck yeaaahh!" she says, jumping up and down. for a sophomore, she's more immature than a 7th grader. i groan and walk away, avoiding her. 

"not so fast oniichan. i could expose you in 2 seconds." she says, grabbing my arm and glaring at me. "first order of business, no sumire if you're feeling this way. second off, i want ramen, and if you don't want me to expose you, i suggest you get me it." she shrugs. 

"can't we get ramen tomorrow?" i ask. she shakes her head and whips out her phone, reading out her order. i groan and order her ramen. "perfect! c'mon let's go back. i have things to do." she replies, skipping back to our friends.

little siblings. i think to myself. i walk back to the group, standing next to sarada. 

"to the dorms y'all! i have a stack of homework." cho-cho exclaims, running to shikadai's white chevrolet tahoe. "DON'T GET THE CAR DIRTY!" shikadai yells. she motions a thumbs up and sits in the front seat. 

"need a ride, hima?" i ask, pointing to my lovely car. sarada and mitsuki groan in unison. "i was right when i said you were in love with your car." sarada says, brushing the tips of her long hair using her fingers. i show her my brightest smile. 

"nah, it's fine. i'll ride with cho. i have a favor to ask her anyways. bye oniichan! bye four eyes, bye snake master!" she yells, running to shikadai's car. i sigh and go to my car, sarada and mitsuki following. 

"SHOTGUN!" sarada yells, running to my car, grabbing onto the handle of the door. "it's fine sarada, boruto wanted you there anyways." mitsuki bluntly says, reaching the car and opening the door. i shake my head and go to the drivers seat. 

"see! he's not complaining!" mitsuki teases, sitting in the backseat. sarada leans into the passenger seat, making herself comfortable. i turn my car on, getting ready to drive. "whatever snake boy." i say, handing sarada the aux. 

"ooh! thanks bolt." she says excitedly, plugging the aux chord into her phone. she goes onto spotify, picking another one direction song. "what's with you and one direction?" i ask, teasing her. 

"hey! you liked it when you were younger. in fact, you should be thanking me!" she teases back, playing what makes you beautiful. mitsuki leans back into his seat. "you guys fight like a married couple." he says. 

"ugh mitsuki, just enjoy the songg." sarada whines. i drive, the song echoing through my ears. i place my hand on her thigh, and to my surprise, she doesn't complain. mitsuki whips out his cell, taking a picture of the two of us. 

we didn't even complain. 

baby, you light up my world like nobody else

the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed

but when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell

you don't know, oh-oh

you don't know you're beautiful

she's so beautiful. i think to myself, glancing at sarada. she smiles at me. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter sixteen - done!

author's note - 

hey you guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i'm currently in love with one direction songs again so yuhh. :))

i do NOT own the song (what makes you beautiful by one direction) and the naruto / boruto series. 

word count - 1067 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much. <3