chapter thirteen

boruto's pov 

[ time skip, a week later ] 

i groan and throw myself on my bed. sumire and i got into a fight for like, the 3rd time this week. the door slides open, and i hear 2 people approach me. 

"hey bolt!" sarada says in a good mood. i turn over and wave at her. i grab my pillow and hug it. mitsuki whispers something to her, and her eyes look at me, concerned. "hi boruto," mitsuki says, in his normal calming voice. i didn't react and just groaned into my pillow. 

"come on bolt. i got good news!" she pleads me. i look into her eyes, filled with happiness. it took every ounce of me not to groan again and sit up, holding my pillow like it was a toy. "i scored a date!" she smiles. my eyes widen. 

"WHAT?!" i yell without thinking. 

she scored a date? with who? was this guy even good enough for her? does inojin know? 

"yeah. shohei." she smiles even wider. mitsuki looks at me, concerned. "i mean, as long as you're happy, i'm happy." i say in a shaky voice. her eyes widen and she throws me into a hug. "love you b!" 

she happily hums a tune as she runs to her suitcase. 

first the love of my life gets a date, and then my girlfriend and i got in a fight.. 

did i just say the love of my life? 

exposing myself at it's finest. 

i hear the door open, and i see cho-cho and hima. i knew they were coming to help her pick out an outfit, since every girl does that. i've learned that after living with hima for her whole life. 

"HELLOOOOO! WE'RE HEREEEE!" an excited hima yells. she looks around and widens her eyes. "oh. hi oniichan!" she says. i walk over to hima, giving her a hug. "hi hima. quick reminder, dates are off limit for you." i smile. she groans. 

my phone starts ringing and i pick it up, seeing that it's my mom. "quick! hima! act like we're bonding for 20 seconds!" i say, answering her call. 

"hi mom!" hima says, smiling. 

"hey you two! how are you?" she asks. 

"i'm good. is old man driving you crazy?" 

sarada's pov 

laughter fills the room as hima and bolt talk to auntie hinata. it breaks my heart. every guy should be like bolt to their moms. he practically has stars in his eyes whenever he talks to his mom. 

cho-cho opens my suitcase, rummaging through every section of it. i sit down, eavesdropping on their conversation. 

"mom do you really have to go now?" bolt whines. 

"i'm sorry honey, but i need to make dinner. i'll try to call you more often, and remember, if you ever need it, call me!" 

"bye mom. love you." bolt says. 

"love you mom!" hima says. 

"love you both." 

i wish my family was like that. 

oh well, you can't have everything in the world.

"aandd we found an outfit!" an excited cho-cho says. i go over to her, snapping out of my gaze. she pulls out a small white crop top, paired with dark high waisted black jeans. 

"seriously? it took you like 10,000 hours to find that?" boruto asks, questioning the outfit. i shrug and grab the outfit from her hands. "simple and chic." i say. i go to the bathroom and put the outfit on. 

the small white crop top fit me perfectly, and the high waisted jeans looked amazing. to my surprise, i loved the outfit. although the bland color choice, i was in love with it. 

"OH MY GOSH. YOU LOOK AMAZING!" hima squeals as i walk out. i smile. "thanks hima!" cho-cho looks at me and judges the outfit. 

"i feel like there's something missing.." she says. mitsuki joins the conversation, teasing both bolt and i. "hm. maybe you could wear bolt's jacket and it'd look better." 

"ooh! that would actually look cute!" hima says. bolt rushes over to his jacket stand, and pulls out a black, oversized, calvin klein jacket. he walks over to me, and puts it on for me. 

it took every ounce inside of me not to fangirl. 

"IT'S AN OUTFIT! IT'S AN OUTFIT!" cho-cho yells, jumping around with hima. mitsuki smiles and snaps a picture of both of us. bolt and i both look at mitsuki at the same time.

"don't worry. it's for your wedding." he smiles. i feel my cheeks turning a dark red as i look in the mirror. i really did look good. 

"slide those black doc martens on, and you'll be on shohei's mind all night!" hima exclaims. bolt gives her a serious look and shifts his attention back to me. "are you sure you wanna go on this date..?" he asks. 

"positive. why?" i ask. he shrugs. 

"i mean, i don't think he deserves you." 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter thirteen - done!

hi guys! i hope u enjoy this chapter. i posted today because i forgot to post yesterday, so yuhh. :))

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series. 

word count - 815 

stay safe! i love u guys so much. <3