chapter six

boruto's pov

i come back with ice cream and a burger from in-n-out. i come back to two really angry cho-cho's and inojin's, and two disappointed shikadai's and mitsuki's. 

"uhm.. hey?" i say, breaking the silence. i slide my shoes off and place the food on the table. i was silently praying that they didn't see the two missed calls. cho-cho grabs sarada's phone, and that's when i knew i was dead. 

"care to explain, uzumaki?" she snapped. she stares right into my eyes. if looks could kill, i'd be in a grave right now.

my savior, hima, comes into the room. "i came as soon as i got the news. OH MY GOSH! SARADA ONEECHAN!" 

don't ask me why, but hima always calls sarada oneechan. even though they're not related. 

she drops her bags and rushes right over to sarada. i felt the guilt pouring in, even more than before. cho-cho glares at me. "you're safe for now, uzumaki." 

hima looks at her, confused. "huh? what happened cho-cho? what did oniichan do?" she asks. inojin sighs. "it's a long story. i don't think you wanna know." he says, looking into her eyes. 

waait a second.. why's he looking into hima's eyes? 

"hey, big brain, stop looking into my little sisters eyes!" i say, glaring at him. he looks back at me, and retorts, "it's how a conversation works. you look into sarada's eyes all the time, and i'm not saying anything." 

"you're not her older brother!" 

"we may not be blood related but i'm auntie sakura's best friends son, making me her older brother!" 

i glare at him, and he glares right back at me. i then break away from the glare. 

i never win at staring contests versus inojin. 

"ookaayy. anyways, what's up with sarada and oniichan, ino-ino?" hima asks. he sighs. "she got beaten up at the library. she called boruto twice, he didn't pick up, so she had to walk all the way here. i knew something was gunna go bad today." 

"why didn't you pick up oniichan?" she says, narrowing her blue eyes at me. i gulp. death or death? there was no way out of this. 

"i was.. hanging with sumire." i say, rubbing the back of my neck. cho-cho claps. "yay! he admitted it." she says, sarcastically. 

no one could save me now. 

i hear the door open, and sumire comes in. "wooahh.. is this a cult or something?" she says, joking around. i smile. "hey." i say. she smiles, and comes over to me. 

"she looks really ugly in this condition. i wonder who did this to her." sumire says. i see a smirk forming on her lips, but i pretend that i don't. i could tell everyone else in the room saw her smirk. 

"OH, SOMEONE HOLD MY HOOPS RIGHT NOW!" cho-cho yells. she charges at sumire. shikadai grabs her back. "do you WANT to get us killed?" he asks in a hushed whisper. she looks at him, and he looks back. 

you could cut the tension with a knife. 

"fine." she says. he pats her shoulder. inojin glares at me, then at her, giving the deadliest look that looks could give. "get. out." he says. she sits down in my lap, crossing her legs. 

"no can do situation. she can't use her privilege in this condition." she smirks. i didn't wanna contradict her, she's my girlfriend! and i love her, i really do. mitsuki sighs, and he whispers something to inojin. inojin walks over to the bed and taps sarada lightly, trying to wake her up. 

she doesn't move an inch, but we can still hear soft breathing coming from her. 

he slowly and carefully carries her out of the bed. he grabs her frog stuffy, and grabs hima's hand. before anyone can say anything, hima, inojin, and sarada leave. mitsuki whispers to shikadai and cho-cho, and then they leave. 

he looks at me, the disappointment in his eyes glowing. sumire gives me a kiss on the cheek. "anyways, now that she's out of the way, can i stay the night?" she asks. i nod. 

"i'll leave the room to you guys." he sighs. he grabs his hoodie and walks over to me, whispering into my ear. 

"it's sad how you picked sumire over someone who would die for you." 

then he leaves. 

-

-

-

-

chapter six - done!

author's note :

hey guys, mia here! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. < 3

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series.

word count - 721 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much.