chapter seven

sarada's pov

i flutter my eyes open and see a person standing around me. i look around, trying to identify the person. 

"she's awake." i hear a soft voice. "hi, i'm blind, who are you?" i ask. it was either inojin or shikadai, but i really couldn't put my finger down on who. 

"jin. you need me to go get your glasses?" he asks. i nod. "oh yeah, thanks for watching me. i'm sure bolt could take me back to my room." i say. 

"right, about that.." he says, handing me my glasses. i look at him clearly this time, and i could see anger and soft disappointment in his face. "he's.. kinda.." 

"he's hanging with the devil, herself, sumire." shikadai says, straight to the point. inojin stares at him. "what was that for! i was gonna let her down slowly." he says in a loud, hushed tone. 

"it's fine jin. i'm not 8. plus, he has every right to hangout with his girlfriend." i say, fighting back tears. shikadai and inojin look at me, sympathetically. "no! you're his childhood best friend, he shouldn't be picking her over you!" inojin says. 

i shrug. "where's cho?" i ask. as if it was on cue, she walks through the door. "SHE'S AWAKE!!" she exclaims, running over to me with food. "okay, so like, the devil's boyfriend got you in-n-out, but i really didn't wanna go over there, so i got you ice cream 'cause it beats in-n-out, right?" she asks. 

"yeah. ice cream makes everything better." i smile. jin lets out a huge sigh. "anyways, i got your frog stuffy. you can stay here until the devil gets out." he says. 

"where would you sleep?" i ask. he motions to the couch. "nah, it's fine. i'll just go back to my dorm." i say."riiightt. nah. i don't trust boruto to take care of you when the devil's there." jin replies. 

"i can take care of myself!" i fight back. i really didn't wanna be a burden. he laughs. "not in this state. you're staying here, and that's final." he says. i groan. jin's too good at the older brother thing. kind of reminded me of bolt when it comes to hima. 

"where's mitsuki?" i ask. cho-cho and shikadai laugh, and point to the floor. i try my hardest not to let out a laugh, but that failed. i let out a laugh and feel more relaxed. 

"anyways, time to go to sleep." jin says sternly. i look at him, confused. "i just slept for like.. hours! why do i need more?" i ask. shikadai throws my frog stuffy at me. 

"you need more 'cause you're not in the best condition." he says, patting my head. i groan. this is why i hated having a quote unquote, older brother. so overprotective. "fine. can i eat before?" i ask. he motions for cho-cho to give me food. 

"french vanilla. i'm stealing some while i'm still here." she says. inojin and shikadai sighs in unison. "hey! i bought it." she says. i look at cho-cho and the two of us laugh. 

after eating some ice cream, jin forced me to go to bed. but i couldn't. i laid there, holding my frog stuffy. my legs felt like they were going to break off. how strong was sumire? 

strong enough to take away my best friend? 

what did she have that i didn't? 

i didn't like boruto in that way. it's just.. hurtful if he picks someone over me. 

i would pick him over my boyfriend, if i ever had one. 

i closed my eyes, a tear falling from my eyes. i wiped it on my sleeve. 

why? 

boruto's pov 

after sumire left, it was just me. in my dorm. by myself. 

is sarada okay? 

did they tell her? 

why did i pick sumire over her? 

i knew she would pick me over her boyfriend, if she had one. 

but i had a girlfriend. yet i picked her over.. sarada. 

i don't deserve sarada. 

i grabbed my phone and texted her. 

"hey. i'm sorry." 

i then blocked her. 

-

-

-

-

-

chapter seven - done!

hey guys, mia here! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. <3

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series

word count - 683 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much.