chapter twelve

[ author's note, feel free to skip ! ] 

hey guys! i just wanted to update you guys about my posting schedule. i will only be posting once a day because i have lots going on at the moment. i also will NOT post on saturdays, since that's my busiest day of the week, but i will post twice on sunday to make up for saturday. thank you and enjoy the story! :)) 

boruto's pov

"what do you want, bolt?" i hear sarada ask. i look up at the menu, and order a strawberry ice cream with choc chips. she then orders a vanilla ice cream with choc chips too, and pays the cashier before i could get my wallet out. she then grabs our ice creams. 

"hey! i was supposed to pay." i say to her. she breaks into laughter. "nah. you just had to show up, i was gonna pay." she replies, smiling. i groan. 

"it was gonna be my treat!" i fight back. she sits back and hands me my ice cream. after eating a spoonful, she shrugs. "think of it like a thanks for taking care of me when i got beaten up." i eat some ice cream too. it felt like heaven. 

i look at sarada, and she eats it too. "ice cream fixes everything, i'm telling you." she replies. i smile. "yeah. we should go out for ice cream more." i say. she nods and continues eating her ice cream. she looks out, gazing around the city. her eyes brighten up. 

i think seeing her happy is the greatest thing i've seen all year. 

"i really should take you around the city." i say, starting conversation. "you should." she teases. i finish up my ice cream, the heavenly taste still inside my mouth. she looks at me, grabs a napkin and dabs it on the outsides of my mouth. 

"you're such a messy eater, bolt." she scolds. i laugh. "it's one of my talents. thanks for wiping it off!" she hits me playfully. "you have some weird talents." 

"yup! how are you liking school so far?" i ask. 

"it's okay i guess." she shrugs. i could tell the discomfort in her eyes when talking about school. why would she hate school? is she still mad about the whole sumire fiasco? 

"what do you mean by i guess?" i question her. she looks around and eats another spoonful of ice cream. "i hate having the feeling of discomfort around school, ya know?" she sighs. 

"oops. i said ya know. hanging around you is starting to rub off on me." she fake laughs. 

i think the topic of school is too much for her. but why? is the sumire fiasco affecting her that much? 

or is there something i don't know? 

"ha. yeah. ready to go home?" i ask. she nods, and i grab her hand. i run to my beloved toyota avalon hybrid, her hand in mine. "if you didn't have a love life, i'd mistaken you for dating your car." she teases. 

i knew she avoided the g word. 

there's most definitely something i don't know about. 

"my car is my car." i smile. i open the door for her and she goes in the passenger seat. i grab my keys and get ready to drive back home. she sighs as she finishes up her ice cream. without thinking, i place my hand on her thigh. 

"loyalty bolt." she says, ruffling my hair. all the feelings from 7th grade filled me inside again. i shrug and keep my hand there. "she wouldn't like it would she?" 

"and she doesn't have to know.." i playfully wink. she groans but doesn't complain further. "i was joking. you want me to stop?" i ask. 

"nah. i'm fine with it." she replies. i smile and we drive back, my hand on her thigh and a cute dark red blush on her cheeks. 

"today was really fun." she says. i smile. "we gotta live when we're young, don't we?" i reply, adding in her favorite one direction song. her eyes gleam with happiness. before i could say anything else, she whips out her phone and starts playing the song. 

"thanks for reminding me how much i love one direction!" she smiles. 

let's go crazy, crazy, crazy 'til we see the sun..

i know we only met, but let's pretend it's love..

and never, never, never stop for anyone..

tonight, let's get some..

and live while we're young.. 

those feelings from 7th grade were bursting. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter twelve - done!

author's note - 

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter, especially all my one direction fans out there! :)) 

the song (live while we're young) and boruto do NOT belong to me. all rights to One Direction and Masashi Kishimoto. 

word count - 756 

i love y'all so so much! stay safe and have a great rest of your day/night. <3