chapter thirty one

the dining table

sarada's pov 

the doorbell rung twice. mama got up, and as she peeked through the hole, she motioned for uncle naruto to come. i looked at bolt, as he shrugged. mama opened the door, as both of them yelled. 

"KAKA-SENSEI! YOU'RE LATE!"

"sorry, sorry! there was this little old lady-" he started, placing his beloved book on the ground. makeout paradise. i'm 100% against that book, but in his words, "sarada, you've seen nothing yet!" 

"LIAR!" they shouted. auntie hinata and ino started giggling, as they rushed over to them. the adults started conversing about how 'it was just like old times.' a buzz came from my phone. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"what are we doing now, chubs?" inojin asks, plopping down on my desk chair. he then flips through my binder. "you're such a nerd, sa-ra-da." he laughs, placing his attention back to the group. 

"see, hima and i were thinking of a classic truth or dare." cho-cho says, winking at me. i shake my head. "choooo. this is excessive." i whine, laying back. forgetting that bolt was behind me, i end up right in his lap. 

"WOW! I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE TO ASK!" cho-cho shouts, taking a picture.

"smooth one. too smooth." mitsuki laughs. "send it to me, cho-cho. or i'll add you to the collection." he tells her. she smiles and nods. i notice shikadai rolling his eyes a little. 

"hi princess, what brings you here?" bolt asks, placing his fingers through my hair. i groan and get up, sitting next to cho-cho. he pouts a little, but i pretended that i didn't notice. 

"are we gonna play or not?" shikadai asks, in a bad mood. cho-cho and inojin shoot each other messages with their eyes, as bolt and hima shrug. 

"sure. who wants to start?" hima asks, grabbing a bottle. inojin nods and takes the bottle from her. "gee, thanks for asking." she sarcastically says.

the mood in here is NOT good. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"truth or dare, sarada?" cho-cho asks, after the mood lightens up a bit. 

truth wouldn't be a smart pick, since knowing cho-cho, she'd make it about boruto. but then, if i pick dare, she's probably going to make me do something embarrassing to him. would it hurt to tease him a little? no. but would it be awkward? yes. 

"you're thinking hard about this." mitsuki points out. i scrunch my nose, and make my decision. 

"kay. dare." i say. she heads over to mitsuki and starts whispering to him. after a few 'ooh, smart!' and 'naaaaahs.', i finally get my dare. 

"props to mitsuki for this one. i dare you to give boruto a kiss on the cheek." she smirks. mitsuki winks at the both of us, as i glare at him. 

"come on sa-ra-da! i could've made it on the lips." he says, whipping out his phone. i walk over to where bolt is, and give him a small kiss on the cheek. his face immediately turns red, as he smiles. 

"you're welcome." i whisper into his ear. i then go back to my seat and sit down. bolt looked like a tomato. 

"geez sarada, what'd you do? he's brighter than a tomato now." shikadai points out. i shrug, and i grab the bottle. i spin it, and it lands on cho-cho. 

easy payback. 

"truth or dare, cho? although, for this one, it won't matter which one." i warn her. hima starts bursting into laughter, as cho lets out a loud groan. 

"fine. truth." she says, throwing her head back. she then sits up straight again. 

"kiss marry kill." i say, smirking at her. she lets out another loud groan. "shikadai. inojin. mitsuki." 

"hey! why isn't oniichan included?" hima points out. i shrug. "too obvious. he's yours." she laughs. my eyes widen, a wide blush on my cheeks. both her and mitsuki laugh, high-fiving each other. bolt winks at me. 

"answer the question, cho!" i say, avoiding the topic. she shoots me a thinking face, as silence fills the room. it was really awkward.

"kill inojin. he's hima's man." she starts. inojin let's out a sigh, filled with relief. hima smiles. "thanks cho!"

"kiss shikadai." she shrugs. did her feelings for him go away? 

"then, i guess, marry mitsuki." she concludes. 

you could cut the tension in the room with a knife.

"don't worry guys! it won't happen. i have higher standards." she confidently says. both hima and i laugh, as bolt shoots me a what-happened look. shikadai scrunches his eyebrows. i could tell he was mad. very. 

oh crap. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter thirty one - done! 

author's note - 

hey guys! i'm sorry for not posting for 3 days. did you guys see the last chapter of aot? it was really sad. lowk been taking the last chapter hard. 

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series. 

word count - 754 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much.