chapter seventeen

boruto's pov

"i haatee going on dates. it's been like 3 days and we're already going on another one?" sarada groans, flopping on her bed. i look at her. "i thought shohei was a nice guy? did another guy catch your eye?" i wink, wiggling my eyebrows. 

"he is a nice guy, bolt. it's just.. the feelings aren't there anymore." she says, walking over to my desk. she looks at my homework. "are you stuck?" she asks, taking a seat next to me.

"yeah." i say, moving aside so she can see. she looks at me and then bursts into laughter. "c'mon bolt! it's so easy." she says. she starts explaining, and it honestly doesn't help. i sigh and play with my pencil. 

"hey baka. are you even paying attention?" she groans, looking at me in the eyes. i force myself to look straight into those deep onyx eyes, praying i don't look for too long. i found myself looking for a little too long. i could literally stare in her eyes forever. 

she looks at me for a little, and then pokes my forehead with her two fingers. 

"hey, what was that for?" i say, whining a little. she laughs and walks over to my jacket stand, taking a black jacket. "i'm taking this. thanks! love ya!" she says playfully. she then disappears into the bathroom, changing into her date night outfit. 

i place my two fingers onto my forehead, recalling the moment. i look in the mirror, my cheeks flushed. it reminded me of mom. whenever old man would show her affection, she'd blush really hard. 

i miss mom and my old man, but i'll see them soon. 

"thinking about auntie hinata?" sarada asks, taking a seat next to me. she was wearing my jacket over a white sweater and a black skirt. she looked gorgeous, if i'm being honest with you. i felt my cheeks turning red.

"how'd ya know?" i ask, shifting myself to her way. 

"you practically have stars in your eyes when thinking about her." she says, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"dai never tells me that!" i justify. 

"i know you too well bolt. sorry, but you can't get away with hiding your feelings from me." she teases, getting up.

then how could i hide my feelings for her so well? i think to myself.

"you look awesome, by the way." i hear myself blurt out. sarada looks at me, her cheeks turning a slight pink. i pretend that i didn't notice. "thanks bolt." she smiles. 

"oh yeah, what was that forehead poke for?" i ask. she picks up her black bag and slides on white slip on vans, looking into the mirror. "you'll get it one day." she says, smiling. 

"which one? the problem or the forehead poke?" i joke, getting up to open the door for her. she smiles and gives me a small hug. 

"both." she laughs, going outside into the hallway. i close the door and get back to focusing on my homework. 

sarada's pov

i walk to cho-cho's room, my cheeks all red. i could tell i was a mess. 

that dang uzumaki. i think to myself. i enter the room, seeing shikadai and inojin in an intense game of shogi. shikadai places a piece down, and smirks at inojin. inojin groans. 

"darn it! i can never win against you." he says. i laugh. both shikadai and inojin's attention shifts to me. "oh, hey sarada!" inojin says, getting up to give me a hug. i hug him back. 

"hi jin. hi shikadai." i say. "where's cho?" i ask, looking around. shikadai points to the closet and groans troublesome. i laugh to myself and walk over to the closet. 

inojin's pov

"HEY CHO CHOOOO!" sarada yells, pulling the fatty into a hug. seeing sarada genuinely happy made me smile. it was like an older brother watching his sister graduate. 

"SARADA. UCHIHA. HIIII!" cho-cho screeches. both shikadai and i groan in unison. girls. 

"troublesome woman." shikadai mutters. cho-cho shoots him a dirty look. "hey! lazy pig, i'm not deaf!" she says. 

"boruto and mitsuki think i'm deaf first thing in the morning." sarada says, smiling about mentioning boruto's name. her cheeks then turn a slight pink. i can tell cho-cho notices. 

"you're wearing a little too much blush today, aren't ya?" cho-cho teases. i found myself eavesdropping into their conversation. soon, sarada leaves the dorm. i walk over to the fatty, and pull her into the corner. 

"i've established it. she likes him. i know it." i say in a hushed whisper. 

"well someone woke up and got brain cells!" she says back. 

"come on fatty! we gotta help 'em!" i reply. 

"yeah. i'm fat so what about it?" she says, completely disregarding what i just said. 

"ugghhhh you're no helpppp." i groan. she laughs. 

"give them time. they'll both realize their feels in no time. which reminds me, you and hima?" she asks. i freeze. 

"what are you talking about?" i say, trying to act like dad 90% of the time. how could she have figured out? were we that suspicious? dang. i need to talk to hima about this. 

"well, it was in a matter of time i would've found out. whenever i ask you and hima to hangout on saturdays, you're both busy. and you dress nice for once. too easy." she laughs. 

"pleasee don't tell anyone about it." i beg her. 

"yeah yeah. we'll see." she smiles and walks off. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter seventeen - done!

author's note - 

hey y'all! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. i added a little borusara moment & ino-shika-cho moment, so i hope you enjoyed that. :)) 

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series. 

word count - 911 

stay safe! i hope you guys have a great day. <3