CHAPTER THIRTY

Y/N POV

Not too long after Eric and Haknyeon had left, the door was battered by another abrupt knock. Sangyeon stood behind the oak wood, as I opened it slightly ajar. I let him in, Juyeon, who was smoking out on the balcony, peered his head around the door to see who it was. Crushing his cigarette on the balcony ledge, he came back in and slid the balcony door back across - locking it at the seal.

"Tomorrow night." Sangyeon sighed before beginning. "I'm not sure what terms you guys are on, but I'm gonna need you to act as a couple for the designer. Sticking close by him as his guests and making sure there are no possible threats to him at the event. If there are, notify me via message and we'll get them down immediately." He finished his sentence, as Juyeon and I stood in front of him nodding compliantly.

"Why exactly are we protecting him?" Juyeon asked, folding his arms over his chest unerringly.
"He's a high target for cartel owners and money embezzlement, his wife attempted to hire hit men to kill him just to claim his money. It's priority we keep him safe, we're getting paid a bunch for it too." Sangyeon replied, clasping his hands around his knee which was crossed over the other.
Juyeon just nodded, as the door opened again revealing Chanhee holding a second key card.

"We're going sight seeing tomorrow though right?" He burst through the door sitting beside Sangyeon on the bed.
"Where did you get that?" I pointed to the second penthouse key card he held in his hands.
"Haknyeon stole it from you, it's the same card." He said handing it back, I swiped it from him with a sharp scoff.
"I mean, yes you can go out. However be back by 5pm. I've got a meeting with his staff at 12 in the afternoon. You all need to be ready to go by 7 that night." Sangyeon confirmed, heading to the door to leave. Chanhee followed him out, his dainty knees unfolding and elegantly heading to the doorway. Both of them left without another word, the door closing with a small beep from the machine above the entrance.

"Can we go out tomorrow?" I looked towards Juyeon, as he sat on the bed with huff. His legs sprawled out in his black skinny jeans as his forearms held him up straight.
"Of course. I want food right now though." He chuckled leaning over the bed grabbing a laminated sheet of paper from the polished night stand.
"Do you wanna get room service?" He added, peering at the listed items on the paper. I crawled beside him looking at the menu and nodded with a hum.

--

A shy knock on the door interrupted the TV in the room, we'd ordered room service only around 20 minutes ago and the food seemed to be already here. I sprung up from the bed, dashing to the door as the knock echoed again.

I opened the door eagerly, only to reveal Hyunjae behind it. I sighed walking away from the door slightly defeated.
"Nice to see you too?" He looked at me confused to my reaction as I just rolled my eyes. "Is there trouble in paradise again?" He asked further looking between Juyeon and I.
"No. You're just not room service." I groaned, waiting for it to show up any minute now.
"Ooo. wait, you ordered room service?" He asked intrigued, the corner of his lips curling upwards cunningly.
"Yeah. No Hyunjae's allowed." Juyeon ushered him out, closing the door on Hyunjae as he tried to plead with him. The door shut with a slam as Juyeon walked back in and flopped back on the bed.

We'd both resulted in complaining, waiting almost another 20 minutes spent giggling with each other.
"Rock.Paper.Scissors." We simultaneously exclaimed, throwing up each symbol in tiny.
"Snail." Juyeon stuck up his index and pinky finger overtaking my small palms that scrunched up in a fist.
"Why do you all do that? Haknyeon did that on the plane this is so unfair." I huffed as we played best in of 3 rounds until there was another knock at the door. This time...

It was actually room service.

Juyeon sprinted to the door and took the platter from the waiter at the door. The small tray was compact with various plates that clinked together as he walked to the balcony door.

"We're eating out here?" I asked as he set the tray down on the glass of the balcony table. The balcony was spacious and it lit up perfectly. We decided to keep the lights off, the city lights were enough to allow us to see. It set a nicer mood than the warmth of the ceiling lights that hung by small vines from the fencing above.

"Yes, trust me." He dragged a metal chair across the paving as I sat down. Opening the trays, we'd ordered pretty much half the menu at this point. It was around midnight and we'd been waiting so long - the both of us had been completely drained of energy after the long flight and wait for food. As we finally began eating, Paris was still bustling noisily in the background. We didn't mind, it built more atmosphere than the silence.

Juyeon hadn't got ready before the flight took off this morning, it was something about the way his hair was untouched and swept across his face messily. His skin tinted a bright honey shade, every scar and crevasse lit up by the city. He wore a thin white t-shirt that gaped slightly around his neck, it was surprise he wasn't at all cold considering the chilly breeze the wind blew tonight. A silver chain glinted around the muscles defined in his neck. He was looking out over the city whilst he ate, he glanced back to me catching my eyes as they observed him shyly.

I sent him a pure smile, earning an arrogant smirk that tugged from the corner of his lips. I avoided his gaze, looking out on to the city myself. That wasn't enough to distract me from the boy, who's piercing as eyes burned through me, as he earnestly finished his food.

"Come here." He whispered lowly, as I hesitated to walk over to him. He pulled me down on to his lap, my legs wrapping around his frame. He nuzzled into my collar bone planting a light kiss and wrapped his arms around me protectively. "I've missed you." He added before meeting my lips again, capturing them for the second time as he cradled me on the balcony. In the middle of Paris, city of love, the first city we'd visited together - he held me tightly again, tonight he'd make up for everything he'd done in the past few days.

and let me tell you, he lived up to that expectation.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

it's crazy thinking there's only a few chapters left.. i might cry writing the last i'm not even going to lie.. i'm so proud of how far i've brought this book and the support has been immense !..

i know i always try and promote my other book but i'm also updating a sunwoo book called juvenile for those who don't know it ! so if i haven't updated this in a while it probably means there's an update over there ! <3

it's finals week next week ! so i'm gonna be busy studying.. and have less time for this .. i'm on a two week course break after that ! so i'm gonna be writing more after ! hang in there <3

sending all my love wherever you are ...

clover <3