CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Y/N POV

It was Saturday, the next morning. I was awoken to a boisterous shouting from downstairs. Muted by the walls of the house but still extremely prevalent, as it echoed through the hallway. Sitting up slightly, I realized Juyeon wasn't beside me per usual - the door left wide open showing he'd left.

Curious to what was going on downstairs, I swung my legs beside the bed and quietly made my way through the hallway. The door to the kitchen was closed, however it wasn't enough to muffle the yells from the other side.
"I fucking told you, if you were gonna stay with her you'd sleep on the couch." One of them argued, I'd know that voice anywhere to be Juyeon's. He was angry, you could tell by the shear volume he was speaking at. Juyeon usually spoke quietly, more on the reserved side than he was the obnoxious one.
"It's not my fault, she's stubborn. I literally got shot in the leg to protect her for you." The other retorted back with less force, from what I could tell it was Sunwoo. It didn't take me long to realize what the conversation was about.
"Can you both stop, please. I didn't think would cause th-" A third voice joined the conversation, attempting to calm both of them down. It sounded like Kevin, and from my assumptions of the conversation it had to of been.
"Shutup. I gave you boundaries and of course you crossed them what did I expect?" Juyeon laughed bitterly in reply to Sunwoo's response.
"It's her fault, don't blame me, it's not my fault your girlfriend's a who-" Sunwoo was about to finish his sentence. That's when I heard a deafening slam on the other side of the door.

I couldn't stand listening any longer, so I swung open the door to see what was happening. Sunwoo had been tackled to the ground by Juyeon who was holding his forearm over his neck.
"Say it I dare you." He spat down to the boy who gasped for air beneath him.
"Juyeon." I spoke firmly, earning no response. I strolled over, grabbing his forearm and removing it from the boys neck. Catching my eyes, the anger boiling inside of him dissolved slightly. He stood up following my lead, as I brought him away from Sunwoo.
"What is this?" I asked not being able to fathom what the point in the argument was.
"Why were you sleeping with this prick?" Juyeon snapped, gesturing to Sunwoo who sat on the floor, arrogantly awaiting my answer.
"Oh yes! The pillow wall we built was definitely a huge issue Lee Juyeon!" I laughed sarcastically before snapping, "Nothing happened, it was like having a separate bed. He couldn't crash on that couch without being impaled or waking up with bruises. Why's it such an issue?"
"See." Sunwoo piped up, feeling as if he had his point proven.
"As for you." I turned around in my spot angrily, "Don't ever go to call me anything like that again, part of it was down to you too."
Juyeon walked out of the kitchen ignorantly, Sunwoo following in aggressive glides across the marble below. Both of them were bubbling in anger still, as they grunted and left the room in fierce lion-like stomps.

"Do you want to explain?" I turned around to Kevin, who was nervously leant against the counter.
"I didn't do anything." His eyes widened slightly, "Well, I asked Sunwoo where he slept in the cabin, because he was sat on the bed when we got there. Instinctively, wouldn't his go-to place to sit be the couch if he slept there? I didn't think anything of it, but little did I know that Juyeon was awake downstairs and it kind of went from there."
I nodded leaning against the counter, "This is the most immature argument I've ever heard, we were meant to be going to the mall today. I don't think he'll want to speak to me." I sighed rather distressed on how to handle the situation.
"I'll take you, if he doesn't. I'm free today." Kevin offered with small smile, moving his hands to the counter behind him.
"Thank you Keb, I'll try speak to him." I sighed closing the conversation.

I left the kitchen and made my way back up the marbled staircase as before. The door to Juyeon's room had been slammed shut, evident from the large bang prior to me coming back upstairs. Opening the door gently, I let myself in and was met with Juyeon, who was curled up on his side reclusively.
"What's going on with you?" I sighed, as he didn't meet my eyes but instead stared ahead. I didn't achieve a reply from the boy, he just replied with a short shrug and turned around from where I was facing him.
"Are you just gonna ignore me?" I folded my arms across my body, now talking to his back. When I didn't get a reply, I took my clothes from the wardrobe and went to get ready in the bathroom.
"If that's the case, I'm going out with Kevin." I sighed closing the door gently behind me.

I began to get ready, finishing my makeup in the mirror. I pulled my shirt over my head, tucking it into my jeans neatly. I opened the bathroom door once again, stepping out and walking down the hallway. Stopping slightly before Juyeon's door, hoping he would change his mind. When there was no sign of movement, I huffed and proceeded downstairs to where Kevin was stood with Sangyeon in the kitchen.

"No luck?"Kevin asked as I shook my head a firm no.
"What do you think?" I sighed smacking my lips in small disappointment.
"I'll come with you then." Kevin smiled half-heartedly, despite realizing the terrible mood I projected.
"Use the company card, buy whatever you want." Sangyeon tossed Kevin a matte black card, which he slid into his jeans pocket carefully. Slipping on my shoes, I wrapped the laces swiftly, before following Kevin outside.

--

AUTHOR'S NOTE

uhoh.. there's trouble in paradise luvs ♡︎

i feel like there's been a lot more building chapters lately too.. hope you're enjoying nevertheless.. ♡︎

have a lovely start to the upcoming week .. ♡︎

sending you my love always..

clover <3