CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Y/N POV

The day passed by slower than usual, that wasn't a complaint of mine. I wanted to cherish as much time with Juyeon, as possible since we'd be apart soon. Once again, the night fell among us: the sky painted an obsidian dusk, the dark clouds abruptly parted for a bright and effervescent moon. As the boys around the house wrapped up the plans they had made, I brushed past Juyeon on the corridor. I was approaching the winding staircase, painfully tired from all the information and paperwork that had been thrown around relentlessly.
Juyeon grabbed my wrist, spinning me around to face him as I passed.
"Hey." He smiled endearingly, as I clumsily fell into his arms due to unexpected maneuver.
"Hi?" I laughed slightly at the random action, glancing at the boy who stared back down at me.
Grabbing my hands, it appeared something was on the tip of his tongue to say. I awaited the conversation as he swayed my arms rhythmically on each side of his frame.
"Do you wanna go sit on the roof for a while?" He smiled vibrantly, taking his hands to my waist, waiting for an answer.
"What? Is it safe?" I laughed at his idiotic proposal, not knowing their roof was even accessible.
"Sure."He shrugged answering genuinely, I shook my head, following him regardless, as he took my hand.

Reaching the top floor, Juyeon cracked the locked attic door ajar. Lying around the attic, various weapons, ammunition, duffle bags, all laid out in nonuniform piles as if they'd just been dumped there. He unhooked silver ladder, prodding the trap door to the roof open with a wooden rod he found close by. I followed him up as he climbed up on to the roof, the nipping of the wind, biting at my frail skin. We sat on the ledge of the towering home, dangling our legs over the edge of the rendered white concrete.

The silence resonated among us both, the creaking of nature settling comforted the empty air. Juyeon leant his head against my shoulder, I glanced to the boy who stared back up charmingly. I smiled to myself, entangling my fingers with his own.
You'd think we were going to be apart years with the way things looked tonight.

"Juyeon?" I began, sighing to myself as he hummed softly in response. "You'll be careful won't you?"
"Yes Y/N." He replied. "For you. I have to be, now I have someone to come back to."
"Are you saying that if I wasn't here you wouldn't?"I laughed in attempts to lighten up the somber that sang diligently in the atmosphere.
"I'm saying, that now I have you, I need to take care of myself in order to take care of you." He looked from me out onto the horizon, where the tenebrous night sky dipped into the viridescent forest the estate backed on to.
"You need to take care of yourself. Not for me, but for you Juyeon. I care about you a lot, don't neglect yourself for other people." I shook my head at cliché nature of the conversation. I sank my fingers between the gaps of his, tracing his thumb with my own.
"You've given me happiness, Y/N. If I can't live for myself, I want to live for you." He lifted his head from my collar bone, staring at me unsurely.
I had no idea how to respond to the noir haired boy who sat next to me, capturing my gaze enigmatically. I gently swung my legs, collecting my thoughts to gather a reply that compensated for how I truly felt.
"Juyeon?" I asked once again sparking another hum from the solemn looking boy; who too was in his own thoughts about the troublesome events that had littered the past few days. "I love you." I had finally let the thought slip my lips.

Juyeon appeared to be surprised, his rose lips parted slightly and eyes widened at the comment. Looking down, he thought to himself momentarily before composing a reply. In this time, I'd grown insecure of the words I'd chosen, anxious I had moved a little too quickly for the boy sitting to my left.
"I love you too Y/N." He once again left the answer awaiting so long I thought he wasn't going to reply. I smiled to myself, catching his eye line -
surprised he had returned the comment. Soon becoming timid, as I watched the familiar piercing gaze that stared back at me knowingly. Capturing my lips in his, he slowly leaned in to kiss me. I melted into his touch as he slipped his hand to my jaw, the other gripping my waist lightly. Mirroring his action, I tangled my hand in his jet black hair, the other resting just above the back of his neck. He smiled into the kiss, humming softly as I laughed.

The night was one love: whether it would be because we were going to be apart, or because we had finally admitted the depth of the connection that drew our two worlds last together.

Either way, I was totally and inevitably in love with Lee Juyeon. Knowing he felt the same way, was a temporary goodbye wish that I put my mind at an immense place of ease.

--

The morning had finally approached, I had all my things ready to leave with Sunwoo. Juyeon, who had helped me pack for the days I'd be gone, had slipped in various things of his.
"It's only a few days, you're giving me comfort items?" I laughed as he browsed his hoodie collection, choosing one to pack in my bag.
"A few days is a long time for us." He pouted slightly, to which I rolled my eyes in annoyance. Regardless, he packed his additions into my bag and gently zipped it close.
Approaching me, he lovingly roped his arms around my waist, nuzzling his head into my neck. I hugged him back, embracing his tall and broad build with as much comfort as I could provide at 8am on a morning.
"I'll miss you, Juyeon." I sighed into his arms as we parted slightly.
"I'll miss you even more, Y/N." He replied endearingly , smiling slightly to liven up a somber atmosphere that hung over the mood.
"Its time to go." Sunwoo swung by the door frame before leaving once again. I sighed to myself, following the boy as Juyeon followed behind.

--

AUTHORS NOTE

awh the "L" word finally.. ( ˘ ³˘)♥︎..

sorry this is a slow chapter.. but things are about to head at full speed soon so buckle up ♡︎.. this was also an incredibly juyeon based chapter.. i mean rightfully so (•́•̀).. enjoy anyways ! thank you for reading <3

sending you all my love and wishing you a stress-free week ahead..

love,
clover <3