Chapter 56: What a development! This time is really quite the development!

Early in the morning, Ji XiaoYu was dead asleep, but he was suddenly awakened by the feeling of someone kissing himself, from his forehead to his eyebrows to his eyelids, from his nose to his mouth, just like washing his face, every single place all over.

He didn't want to be disturbed. He reached out a hand and waved it around, trying to push that annoying guy aside. He didn't expect that his left hand would be caught. After it was fiddled with for a while, one finger was lifted and then bitten lightly.

Oh no, isn't this being snacked on like a pickled chicken foot?

Invigorated, he opened his heavy eyelids and vaguely looked at the man with whom he couldn't be more familiar, who was putting something on his finger.

Ji XiaoYu immediately felt at ease, it's not snacking on a pickled chicken foot, so he closed his eyes and slept through whatever it was. He didn't hear whatever the man said to him, just hummed a few perfunctory "mhm".

At noon, Ji XiaoYu's nose was pecked several times and he heard a flurry of chirping in his ear, which finally woke him up. His son was calling to him.

He opened his eyes again and, sure enough, Cheng PaoPao on the side of the pillow looking back at him.

Ji XiaoYu grinned so wide his eyes squinted, grabbing the chick and pursing his lips to give him a big kiss, "My child, morning."

Cheng PaoPao seemed a little unhappy, struggling to escape from his hands, and then he gave a short cry, "Cheep"

"What's the matter?" Ji XiaoYu said, a little puzzled, "Oh, is PaoPao hungry?"

Cheng PaoPao waved his little wings.

Seems to be it. Because of your father, I'm hungry too. Ji XiaoYu laughed 'heh heh', scratched his messy hair and started to get out of bed.

As he raised his hand to his head, he felt like something heavy was weighing his hand down. Ji XiaoYu looked down at it and was suddenly startled, his eyes almost popping out of his head.

On the ring finger of his left hand, he was wearing a ring, one with a shiny, large glass ball embedded in it about the size of Xiao DengPao. Overall, it was nearly spherical in shape, but countless small facades were cut out across the surface, so that colorful light was reflected with a mere movement. It was very beautiful, similar to the scenes from when Xiao DengPao had shone in the past.

T-this is the "Xiao DengPao" that my child's father gave to me?

Ji XiaoYu was stunned for five seconds before he screamed, scaring Cheng PaoPao so that he almost plunged off the bed from the pillow.

He hurriedly fished his son back to put him on the bed, then he stared at the Xiao DengPao on his finger without blinking. Is this real or fake? Even if it's fake, how much is it worth?

He had seen on TV that a large diamond the size of a fingernail, called a "pigeon egg", couldn't be purchased without hundreds of thousands of yuan. Then this one......?

Ji XiaoYu's hands trembled uncontrollably. He wanted to give it a bite to see if it was real or fake, but he was afraid of breaking his teeth.

It has to be real, right? If it's fake, that would be so lame, and messing around with me like that would be absolutely unforgivable!

But, why did Cheng YuTang suddenly give him this gift?

Speaking of, where was his child's father?

Thinking of the man, Ji XiaoYu was gently reminded of what had happened the previous night. All of a sudden, he blushed, he couldn't help but roll himself up in the quilt.