Chapter 51: Our egg is lost!

Then Cheng YuTang, who had caught up, caught Ji XiaoYu in an embrace. He looked at the mess in the room and his brow furrowed. He opened his mouth to console him, saying, "Baby, is this from someone breaking in and wrecking things? Don't worry, I'll catch the bad guys. Your wounds just healed, you can't run around, so sit down and have a rest."

It was as if Ji XiaoYu's feet were rooted to the floor, he couldn't move. His eyes watered over and, after a moment, his eyelashes trembled and tears fell.

Since they had met, Cheng YuTang had never seen him look so dismayed and horrified, even when he was shot in the heart and suffering from pain that would be unbearable to the average person. He hadn't seen him shed tears even at that time and suddenly he felt a little scared. A bad foreboding filled his heart. While kissing his tears away, he asked softly, "Darling, don't cry. Tell me what's going on. Did you lose something?"

Ji XiaoYu's rage from just before now transformed into heartbreak and despair. He sobbed and said, "M-my egg, lost......"

"Egg?" Cheng YuTang stared blankly when he heard this word. Then he said, "Do you mean that Xiao DengPao is lost? It doesn't matter, I'll have someone get it back. And even if I can't find it......"

Ji XiaoYu suddenly snapped out of his grief. The hard work towards keeping the secret all this time, the worry over being cautious and unable to vent, and the regrets and self-blame over failing to protect the little white egg, like a landslide, like a tsunami, began to drown him.

"How can it be okay, what you're saying are empty words!" He couldn't bear it anymore. He cried incoherently, "Xiao DengPao is not a rechargeable toy, it's the egg I laid! No, Cheng Zong, it's the egg you and I laid, our egg was lost, it was stolen!"

It took a few seconds for Cheng YuTang to understand what he was saying. He was a bit confused at first and he said in disbelief, "Wait, wait, Xiao DengPao is the egg you and I laid? How can you lay eggs? How is that possible......aren't you a male?"

Ji XiaoYu's mind was a mess and he almost completely abandoned himself to despair. He angrily beat on Cheng YuTang's chest, out of breath from crying, "Exactly, I'm a male, I'm a male pheasant spirit! I'm a spiritual beast! I simply lay eggs! What's wrong, can't you?!"

No wonder the little thing said that Xiao DengPao was a souvenir left to him by his "former partner". No wonder he was so anxious over such an object, keeping it with him all day long. No wonder his words and actions were so strange. The original "former partner" turned out to be me and Xiao DengPao is the crystallization of the indulgence of myself and the little thing after Christmas Eve last year...... Cheng YuTang's heart was filled with a mix with ecstasy and relief. Although Ji XiaoYu was beating his chest painfully, he stood firm and didn't fall back. Holding his trembling, crying body, he comforted him with gentle tenderness, "Okay, okay, I knew, I know that you are a pheasant spirit. Of course you can lay eggs. That's great. Darling, don't cry, okay? When you cry, my heart breaks."

Ji XiaoYu finally calmed down a little, staring at him with tears in his eyes, "I-I'm not a human, I'm a spiritual beast. And I'm a freak who can lay eggs. Don't you, don't you hate me?"

Cheng YuTang kissed him and pressed a kiss to his eyes which were red from crying. He sighed and said, "Why would I hate you? You're my superhero, my little lucky star. In fact, when you were shot that day, you transformed into your original pheasant form. So from that point, I already knew that you weren't an ordinary human. If you weren't a spiritual beast, you couldn't have blocked the shot for me at a speed that's impossible for a human to reach and I would be dead already."

At that time, he hadn't not been surprised. But how could that feeling of surprise be compared to the eye-catching sight of Ji XiaoYu desperately, bravely blocking the bullet for him? And then the sight of his chest blooming with blood in front of him, making him feel shock and heartache. There are billions of people in this world, but there was only one person who was so good, only one person who loved him so much that he would give his life, there was only one Ji XiaoYu.