Chapter 35: Who will call you daddy?

Ning Cheng Spring and Autumn was located on an old street with a 100-year history in Ning City. It had been built in a quaint old house. Because of the high price and high-end courses, the average common person couldn't easily afford to eat there. So, most of the diners coming and going were rich and respectable.

After getting out of the car, Cheng YuTang came around to hold hands again. Ji XiaoYu was thin-skinned, staring at the people around him, feeling embarrassed. He pulled his fingers into his sleeve and didn't hold his hand.

In this public setting, Cheng YuTang didn't force him, instead he took his reluctant little boyfriend's shoulder and graciously lead him into the old house with an air of generosity and intimacy.

He had made a reservation by phone on the road, so the manager personally greeted him with a smile as soon as he entered the lobby, "Cheng Zong, I haven't seen you for a long time, welcome!"

As he spoke, he couldn't keep himself from looking at the handsome young man next to him, saying in surprise, "Hey, this one has a really nice face, might I dare to ask which young master this is?"

Ji XiaoYu corrected him without thinking, saying, "I'm not a young master, I'm Cheng Zong's personal bodyguard."

The lobby manager: "......"

"Come on, Old Yang, lead the way ahead." Cheng YuTang laughed, not offering an explanation, what the little thing said was what it was.

"Okay, two customers, please come this way."

Bullying me into asking less? What's this about a bodyguard? Yang DongCheng was both puzzled and curious to death, but he didn't dare to ask any more questions. He led the two men to an elegant table by the parlor garden window, then, using both hands, passed the handwritten menu sheet to Cheng YuTang, "Cheng Zong, these are the most recent dishes in the restaurant, please take a look."

Cheng YuTang took it and then passed it to Ji XiaoYu, "Order whatever what you like as you please."

Ji XiaoYu saw the magnificent dishes on the menu and immediately forgot his previous embarrassment. He boldly said, "Cheng Zong, you pick, today it's my......uh."

The word "treat" got stuck in his throat and turned into a frightened hiccup.

Oh papa, are these dishes cooked in a golden pot? Why are they so expensive that they're scaring me to death?!

What chrysanthemum tofu for 388 yuan, what boiled cabbage for 458 yuan, what cool breeze crystal melon for 598 yuan......

Don't think that just because this little master can't cook, he hasn't been to the vegetable market! If you give me a hundred yuan, I'll get you a cartful of tofu, cabbage, and winter melon!

Cheng YuTang looked at his gobsmacked appearance and tried to hold back his laughter. Deliberately, he said, "Really? Then I'm going to order. I haven't eaten a few of the new dishes yet anyway, I really want to try them. I've been too busy with work previously, so I had no time to come. I'll just try them out with you today."

As people said, big talk is spilt water that can't be scooped back up. Ji XiaoYu was spitting up blood inside, but he couldn't take back his words. Not to mention after seeing the look of anticipation on Cheng YuTang's face, he couldn't bear to refuse, so, having learned what to say just now, he said stubbornly, "Of course, order whatever you like as you please!"

He quickly calculated it in his mind, if they ordered two meat dishes, two vegetable, and a soup, going by the average price, it would be about 2500 yuan.

No problem, this little master is now a man with a 25,000 yuan monthly salary, so I can afford it!

Cheng YuTang restrained his laughter and looked over the menu quietly. He filtered out the few dishes related to chicken and then in one breath, ordered ten dishes. The price altogether was several times more than 2500 yuan.