Chapter 44: This incapable ruler!

Ji XiaoYu's face was steaming hot and his heart was thumping and jumping. He stammered out a complaint, "Wh-when did I become yours? D-don't you talk nonsense!"

"You are my personal bodyguard, aren't you?" Cheng YuTang's lips twitched slightly and he said calmly, "I just forgot to add the rest of the sentence."

Ji XiaoYu: "......"

You can forget that?!

This man's clearly messing around with me again for fun, it's really, really just so evil! Ah, ah, ah, ah!

Cheng YuTang was still a bit uneasy, so he asked, "Cutie, did that little girl just now look good?"

Ji XiaoYu said angrily, "What's to look at? Did she have two noses or four ears?"

Actually, it was dark in this nook, so if that young woman surnamed Luo really had two noses or four ears, he couldn't have seen them clearly.

Cheng YuTang chuckled, satisfied.

Seeing the little thing squinting at himself with an angry look, obviously anxious, he took on a teasing mindset and sat down so their legs were touching. And then, in the dim light, he shifted his hand as if clawing the couch and, gently but forcefully, separated Ji XiaoYu's slender five fingers, interlocking them with his own.

Ji XiaoYu's heart suddenly stopped beating. Then he struggled to pull his hand free.

"Hey, don't move," Cheng YuTang pressed against his side and whispered, his lips touching the clean, rounded, blushing ear, "or people will look."

Ji XiaoYu suddenly felt as if he had been enchanted by a spell; he couldn't move.

On the small stage at the front of the private room, Han QingShi was still singing charmingly with the microphone in his hand.

"You are the song in my heart, a blooming flower inside; you are the melody of my life, my longing has converged into a stream~"

Cheng YuTang didn't look at the stage, just turned slightly to face his little bodyguard.

He had originally thought that the song was very vulgar and boring. But at this moment, he felt a little differently. He couldn't help but sing along softly with the melody, "I really want to ask you, have you fallen for me yet; Silence for too long, will just make me make a careless mistake......"

The music in the private room was deafening, but Ji XiaoYu felt as if all the screams and chaos were suddenly far distant from himself. There was only the voice of the man in front of him circling around his heart. It took him awhile to find his voice, "I-I thought you said you couldn't sing this song?"

Cheng YuTang tightened his grip, feeling the thin layer of sweat between their palms. He shifted his features into a warm, gentle expression and said, "Yes, but when I look at you, I can sing."

Ji XiaoYu: "......"

Oh papa, there's no way, I can't resist. This man plays so, so dirty!

......

Han QingShi finally finished singing, the melody falling silent. The atmosphere in the private room was pushed to a climax instantly, with whistles, cheers, and screams of "encore" almost raising the roof.

Han QingShi delicately and sweetly waved his hand, saying, "No more, no more, I'm thirsty, I can't sing anymore."

Ji XiaoYu woke up as if from a dream, scrunching up his face as he said, "Haven't you been here for half an hour now? I don't like it here, I want to go back."

Cheng YuTang agreed without hesitation, "Okay, let's leave right away."

When Han Qing said that he was thirsty, someone immediately diligently poured water for him to drink right away. Someone else took the microphone and said with a smile, "How can you drink water on such a good day as today? You have to drink alcohol! Earlier, Prodigy Han and School Grass Cheng were late, does everyone want them to do a three-cup punishment?"