Chapter 4: This is.......uh, a keepsake my partner left me.

The HongSheng Building was very easy to find. Ji XiaoYu could see it before he entered the street. It was the tallest and most imposing building on the block. Carrying the delivery basket as he rushed along, he agilely dodged the pedestrians on the crowded road and, just five minutes later, he reached the bottom floor of HongSheng Building's Block A. He had to go through the security check to enter the lobby.

The security guard was about twenty-six years old. He was thin and tall, with dark skin, small eyes, and a bright gaze. With just one glance, Ji XiaoYu was picked out from the staff who were moving to and fro.

Ji XiaoYu glanced at the nameplate on the chest of the security guard. The name was Liang ShaoGang. He called "Liang Ge" out sweetly and said that he was here for a food delivery.

Liang ShaoGang clearly didn't eat up his act. With his face expressionless like a robot, he spoke out one word at a time, "Please show a valid ID. Which floor are you going to? Who are you looking for?"

Ji XiaoYu had to honestly pull out his ID card and he quickly and clearly answered the questions one by one. Liang ShaoGang checked the register and made an internal phone call to verify his ident.i.ty with Miss Zhou, who had made the order, before releasing him.

After another three or four minutes, Ji XiaoYu trotted into the lobby and then drifted across the smooth, mirror-like surface of the marble floor. He dashingly and elegantly squeezed into an staff elevator that was about to go up, causing many people in the lobby to look over at him.

At the same time, the management's private elevator on the other side of the lobby just happened to open. A tall man dressed in formal suit stepped out. With a glance, he caught a glimpse of Ji XiaoYu's profile as the doors of the staff elevator closed.

As soon as the man appeared, everyone in the lobby, who were all originally noisy, went as silent as a chicken. Liang ShaoGang also quickly got up from his seat and stood as straight as a javelin.

"Cheng Zong1, what's wrong?" The a.s.sistant next to him followed the man's gaze, but found nothing unusual.

Cheng YuTang turned around and replied, "Nothing, let's go."

It's just a little delivery guy. He must have been mistaken, how could there be such a coincidence?

Meanwhile, Ji XiaoYu took the elevator to the 12th floor. Throughout the trip, the elevator stopped several times and people kept coming in and out. When he finally arrived at the 12th floor and found Room 1208, the electronic clock in the corridor showed that it was just ten seconds until the half-hour delivery time agreed upon by Li DeFa and Miss Zhou.

He straightened the little yellow hat on his head, pressed the doorbell without hesitation, and then, when a sweet-looking girl in a dress came to open the door, he gave her a full smile, "Are you Miss Zhou? h.e.l.lo, I am the waiter of 'Old Li's Home-cooked Dishes' here to make your delivery."

"Wow, it's a little handsome guy!" The other side cried quietly in surprise, almost dazzled by Ji XiaoYu's neat little white teeth.

......

Ten minutes later, Ji XiaoYu returned to the Old Li's Home-cooked Dishes on Silk Street. He handed over the forty-eight yuan for the delivery order to Li DeFa, while slurping a cup of milk tea from one hand and carrying two chocolates in his pocket.

The milk tea and chocolate were both given to Ji XiaoYu by Miss Zhou, who had just ordered the delivery. The other party also curiously asked him if he was a part-time college student on the summer vacation and whether he had a girlfriend. The girl who ordered the meal with Miss Zhou also joked about how, if she helped him with publicity in the future, making their other work colleagues order Old Li's delivery, he would have to thank her or something like that.