EPILOUGE

the kitchen was filled with laughter as you and eli's mom talked about the shit kids do when they're little and all the fun things eli was in too.

"he loved the science fair." his mom said wiping the sauce from her mouth, "he always begged me to go." she said starring at eli who was in front of her.

"you and demetri were quite a pair." she added turning to look at you, "and you? i hear you live with your uncle. what happened to your parents if you don't mind me asking." she said causing you to give her a slight smile.

"no it doesn't bother me." you said, "it's nothing big just my dad was a professional fighter and got into an accident." you said causing her to give you a sad smile, "and my mom, she had better things to do then take care of a teenager and her dad." you finished.

"i'm sorry." eli and his mom said. "don't be. that was her choice." you muttered taking a bite from the lasagna as they both watched you.

after dinner you helped miss moskowitz clean up and talked to her for a while about eli. she was telling you how much he loved to create stories and incorporate science into them.

"mom. you're gonna end up driving her away from me." eli said coming out of the bathroom with his soaking wet hair down and parted in the middle.

"wow this is the first time i've seen you without a mohawk." you said as he laughed, "you never asked." he said in a raspy tone.

"well i'm going to head to bed." eli's mother said. "goodnight you too." she said before heading into her room.

eli sat down and joined you on the couch. something about him was different, he was more- calm. water dripped from his hair and onto his white t-shirt causing him to groan.

"i need to blow- dry my hair." he mumbled causing you to smile, "i can do it." you said.

the two of you were standing in the bathroom as eli took out a blow dryer and plugged it into the outlet.

"okay look down." you said causing him give you a weird glance, "no- why look down? are you gonna murder me l/n?" he said causing you to laugh.

"no you idiot. it makes your hair fluffier and have more volume if you blow dry your hair while looking down." you said as he nodded and proceeded to look down.

you turned on the blow dryer and waved it around his head while you ran your fingers through his red hair.

"you're gonna put me to sleep." he laughed causing you to smile, "good." you said as you continued to run your fingers through his hair.

after you were done he gave you clothes to change into so you could sleep.

"ta-da!" you said coming out of the bathroom wearing a his black sweatshirt and grey sweatpants.

"wow. you look really nice in my clothes." he said walking towards you and placing a kiss on your forehead.

"i can't believe you're gonna leave me." he muttered pulling you into a hug, "you're like the best thing that's ever happened to me y/n." he mumbled, tears starting to form in his eyes.

"you- you taught me that i don't have to be the bully in order to stop the pain." he said, his breath shaky from crying. "and now, you're gonna leave me and it's all gonna come back." he said.

"i'm not hawk. i'm eli. you're eli." he said placing a kiss on the top of your head.

you had no idea what to say to that. you came to this town thinking you were going to live a boring life- but the funny thing about life is, it's not always what you perceive it to be.

you two stood in a silent embrace before eli broke it, looking you straight in the eyes and placing his lips on yours.

you kissed back as you ran your fingers through his hair causing him to groan.

"y/n," he mumbled into the kiss before breaking it apart,

"i love you."

"i love you too."

—ᴀᴄɪᴅ—