Doll

"I wished we lived in the '40s," Stiles groaned, laying across Derek's lap as the movie they were watching came to an end. 

"Did you not pay attention to anything that happened in that movie? The second world war happened in the '40s; we deal with basically the same shit every day with how our lives are." Derek scuffed, grabbing at this side. Beacon Hills might as well be a war zone with how often they're being chased by hunters or fighting some supernatural creature. 

"That's not my point," Stiles rolled his eyes. "I wish relationships were like it now as they were then, the fashion, just a lot of things were so much more romantic then." 

"Stiles," Derek watched to interject, but Stiles continued.

"The way that men used to talk to women who they wanted to court, the amazing dates, the dancing! To be called a doll, sweetheart, to be told that your someone's best girl. It makes my heart ache for something like that. I'd love to go dancing all night long because it sounded fun, and it was the only thing people could afford." Stiles stood to his feet and began to dance around Derek's loft somewhat gracefully. "I wish that we still used the cute nicknames and the sweet-talking now that they used. I mean is Bucky Barnes or Steve Rodgers called me a doll and asked me to go dancing, I'd die of happiness." 

Derek sighed, standing to his feet. He clicked the TV to play classical music before dimming the lights to a nice warm glow and moving to join Stiles as he danced around. Stiles spun to a stop in front of Derek at the sound of music. "I'm no Bucky Barnes or Steve Rodgers, let alone from the '40s, but would you like to dance, sweetheart?" Derek asked, talking Stiles' hand. 

"Derek," Stiles smiled, pressing their foreheads together. 

"You know you're my best guy. I couldn't ask for anyone else." Derek asked as he began to waltz them around the room. "And if you want, I can call you, doll, all day."

"I love you," Stiles blushed.

"I love you too, doll." Derek pressed a kiss to Stiles' lips. 

Derek was right. It wasn't the '40s, but as long as they were together, Stiles couldn't care less.