Avengers [Part 1]

"Bucky, I swear to Caps ass that if you don't stay still, I will make sure to send a big enough jolt through your body to knock your ass out," Stiles snapped, pushing Bucky back onto the lab table and continued to work on his arm. The third time this week, Bucky came in with something wrong with his arm, and Stiles was ready to kill the soldier. 

"You know you love me too much to do that, Sti," Bucky smirked before having a small shock run through his body enough to make him yelp and his vision blur for a moment. 

"Wanna bet?" Stiles smirked back as he fixed the last wire and replaced the metal covering. "There, now, can you please not break anything else until next week? I still have to work on everyone else gear, you know." He let out a sigh as Bucky sat up on the table. 

"I guess. Can I hang out with you, though? Nat's been driving me crazy, and Tony's been picking my brain too much for my liking," Bucky watched as Stiles picked up Peter's suit and placed it on the table behind him. 

"Also, long as you and Derek don't get into a tussle when he brings me lunch, I could care less. I swear one of these days; you two will get along; I mean, you became friends with Sam," Stiles smiled up at the soldier. Bucky was Stiles' first friend when he came to the compound aside from Derek, but Derek doesn't count. Wanda attracted herself to Stiles two days after he got here, and it was a forced friendship, not that he doesn't love the witch. 

"I'll try to be good. Are you two ever going to figure your relationship out? You know the only reason I haven't hurt him properly is because of your, right? I mean, he treats you like crap sometimes." Bucky grumbled, moving from the table he was sat on to a wheelie chair. 

"Buck, it's complicated, okay? Derek got us out of a shitty place, and I can't give up on him. You aren't so different if you two could hold a normal conversation." Stiles rolled his eyes as the lab door opened. 

"Stiles, just the person I was looking for; how's it going?" Tony walked in. "Metalica! I was looking for you as well! So is Spangles, training room." Tony smiled at the soldier. 

Bucky gave Stiles a look before leaving the room without addressing Tony. "So Tony, what brings you here this time?" Stiles asked, continuing to fix Peter's suit; he tried it on once, almost cried because he wanted to be a hero with a cool suit. But sadly, he's just a lab tech; he didn't have powers or was a badass assassin like Nat or Clint.

"I wanted to check on your progress with everything; I see that you're doing well," Tony motioned to the pile of work that Stiles had finished. "I also wanted to ask your thoughts on joining Bucky and Steve on a tiny and not dangerous mission." 

"Wait, seriously? You want me actually to help on an Avenger mission?" Stiles gasped before shocking himself when losing his focus. "Shit." He quickly put his thumb in his mouth to cool the small burn. Now I know that was karma for shocking Bucky.  He thought to himself.

"It's super low profile; they're essentially your back up. You'll only be retrieving some files and breaking into a warehouse. Nothing dangerous should happen, but if so, that's that they're for." Tony said, throwing some kind of snack into his mouth. Where did he get that? He didn't walk in with them. 

"No offense Tony, I mean, I've been dreaming of this day for years, but couldn't Nat or someone who's actually 'qualified' for this? I'm just your lab tech that took in because of Derek." Stiles felt like crap for putting himself down like that, but he knew it was true.

"Stiles, you're a genius. Damn, near as smart as Bruce and I combined, you outrank Peter at this rate. Don't tell him I said that. I have full faith in you. Now you need to do some training so you can protect yourself in case something happens. Go run; I can finish this." Tony smiled, patting Stiles on the back. 

Stiles didn't say anything to Tony as he hugged the man he looked up to and ran to the training room. "Bucky!" Stiles yelled as he ran into the training room, jumping onto the soldier. 

"Stiles, shit," Bucky laughed, catching the boy before he fell to the ground. "Your sneak attack could use some work, but it's okay." 

"I get to go on my first mission! With you guys! This is insane!" Stiles exclaimed, looking at Steve.

"Well, we all talked and thought that it was time for you to shine. We've got a lot of work to do before we leave at the end of the week. So let's start you on the basics." Steve smiled. Stiles grinned, ready to have the living crap beat out of him. He was going to hurt a lot, but he was so happy about it.