Home Town

Everybody knows
You're the kinda guy
Shuttin' bars down, got a loud mouth
On a Friday night
Yeah, and everybody knows
That you got a temper
If it all goes south, a fight breaks out
You're right in the center

"Oh, come on," Stiles groaned watching Derek get into another fight on the other side of the bar. They were out looking for omega in need of a pack, Scott's orders. Though it seemed that everywhere they went it even if it was the smallest town you'd ever see, Derek always ended up in a fight. Normally it was with the pack in the territory, so they fought their way out of town, but this wasn't one of those fights. This was a normal bar fight, someone thought it would be funny to make a comment about Stiles, and well, Derek wasn't pleased. 

"I'll be in the car," Stiles sighed watching Derek slam another drunk man into a table. "Need to add this to another town of never to come back too." Stiles shook his head. 

But you got another side on the other side of Tennessee
And nobody knows that side but me

Twenty minutes later Derek joined Stiles in the car, quiet as he started the car and drove off. "This place was a dead end anyway." Derek scuffed whipping blood from his face as he drove. 

"Yes, but the food was okay," Stiles shrugged. 

Derek rolled his eyes, "Always the food with you."

'Cause they ain't met the momma that raised you
Ain't sat in the church that saved you
And they don't see the parts of you that make me wanna stick around
Yeah, I know you get a little bit rowdy
But you're different in your daddy's county
My friends say that boys like you ain't ever gonna settle down
But they ain't seen you, seen in your hometown
Yeah, they ain't seen you, seen you in your hometown

"Scott, I think we've found as many lost omegas as we're going to find," Stiles sighed to his best friend over the phone. "I swear every damn town, it's either something trying to kill us or another pointless fight Derek has to be in the middle of."

"I know, but you're the only one who can handle Derek, for more reasons than one. I sent you guys out because I thought he needed a break from everyone." Scott huffed. 

"We're coming home for a while," Stiles ended the call. He watched from the corner of the hotel room as Derek slept.

Well, everybody knows
Number 38
Threw a touchdown on a fourth down
That took 'em all the way to state
And the walls all show
Your baby pictures
And how you feel about a home cooked meal
And your little sister

"Scott said Cora was in town," Stiles told Derek on their drive back to Beacon Hills. "She and Peter were apparently at an old friend of your mom recently and they found some old photo albums." 

Derek's mood peeked the second Stiles mentioned Cora, there was no doubt that Derek loved his baby sister. Even when she was annoying the hell out of him. "Really, I thought they were going to Europe."

"Postponed for now." 

"Good."

Yeah, you got another side on the other side of Tennessee
And nobody knows that side but me, yeah

"Cora," Derek smiled pulling his baby sister into a hug. Stiles smiled leaning back against the car watching the interaction. 

"So, he's been a pain," Peter chuckled walking over to Stiles. 

"Nothing that I can't handle. Sometimes I wish people saw him the way that I do, and you know, don't try to kill us at the first whiff." Stiles watched Cora and Derek begin to push each other around. Seeing this sibling tussle was a blessing after all of the fights Stiles has seen Derek get into. "I'm serious when I say I don't think we're allowed in half of the country at this point."

"Don't worry, as long as you see him, the real him. Nothing else matters. It all melts away," Peter smirked.

"Yeah, I know." Stiles happily sighed. 

They ain't seen ya, seen ya, seen ya
Seen your roots where the grass is greener
Where your boots are a little bit cleaner
Seen you in your hometown
Yeah they ain't seen ya, seen ya, seen ya
Seen your roots where the grass is greener
Where your boots are a little bit cleaner
Seen ya in your hometown