Drunk Or Lonely [Ani't There Yet P3]

"Lydia, is this something that we have to do?" I sigh, pulling on my old sneakers. 

Lydia stamped her perfect pedicured, heel wearing shoe on the ground in front of me. "Yes, Stiles, we're celebrating!" She giggled, clapping her hands together once. 

"What are we celebrating exactly?" I ask, looking for my keys and wallet. 

"We're celebrating Derek getting dumped by Breadon in front of practically the whole town! He's so miserable that it's hard not to celebrate!" Lydia cheered, grabbing my arm. 

You're always twenty minutes late
'Cause you can't find your keys
And you never miss a game
Of your hometown team
So, your 2 AM call ain't out of the blue
Boy, I know you

Tell me about it. Derek calls me constantly. Last night it was at 2 AM," I rolled my eyes, seeing my keys on the hook by the door where I left them and my wallet on the table just under them. Lydia is a genius, but when she gets like this, I swear we both lose brain cells. 

"You didn't answer him, right? Sweetie, you've been doing too good to let that piece of shit back into your life." Lydia gave me the overprotective best friend look stopping outside of her car.

"Of crouse, I didn't answer it. I only did that once because Derek has a new number, and I didn't know it was him. You know I'm not going there again, Lyds." I chuckled. I didn't even think about answering the random number because Scott had gotten a new phone, so I thought it was him. If I had known it was Derek, I wouldn't have dreamed of answering, because it still hurts. 

"Ew, why would he even call you? He hasn't spoken to you once since he came back. Not that he deserves to be in the same lifetime as you anymore." That's Lydia, always trying to boost my ego a little more every day. She's always been there for me after Derek; I don't know what I would do without her. Scott's great and all, but you start talking about breakups, and he just sorts of goes into a world of his own. 

You're either shooting back Jack or sippin' Johnny Walker Black
At a bar, you could stumble home from
Or you're sitting all alone, getting lost in your phone
Reminiscing on our days in the sun
You're either feeling that buzz or your sheets are getting cold
Baby, it's just the same, same old
The second you say I'm still your one and only
I know you're just drunk or lone-lone-lonely
Drunk or lone-lone-lonely

"He was drunk. Derek was so unbelievably drunk that I almost couldn't understand him," I sighed, watching the city lights flash by as Lydia drove through town.

"You listened to him?" She sighed. 

"If you mean I heard the words he was trying to say but didn't care about them, then yes, I listened to him for all of maybe two minutes." I rolled my eyes as Lydia pulled into the parking lot of the karaoke bar that recently opened in town. 

"Yikes, what did he say?" 

"It was fairly hard to understand, but it was something about how many mistakes he's made and how he shouldn't have left, how he never wanted to hurt me, how stupid he is, and about how I was the only one he's ever truly loved, that I was his one and only." I scuffed, climbing out when I saw Scott and Issac waiting at the door. 

"Geez, Derek was drunk if he was spilling his guts to you," Lydia said as she clung to my arm again. 

"Tell me about it. He's been leaving voicemails too. I delete them without listening to them. I think there's like four from today if you want to listen to them." I laughed high fiving Scott and Issac as we walked into the bar.

It'd be so easy to
Fall right back in your arms
But some things you can't undo
Like you hurting my heart
You know your comeback script right down to the letter
But I know you better

"Uh, did no one realize that this was right down the street from Derek's loft?" I hissed as we sat at a corner booth. I glanced over my shoulder at Derek; he was sitting at the bar, trying to look at us secretly.

"I thought he gave the loft of Peter." Issac apologized.

"Is, Peter has a condo on the other side of town; I was the last person living in the loft after Derek left when I left there was no one in it. So after Breadon dropped his ass, he must have left her the house and went back to the loft." I retorted, leaning back in my chair. "It's not your fault, Issac, we couldn't have known."

"There are at least ten other bars in town, why would he be here?" Scott asked, glaring in Derek's direction.

"Because this is the only bar in town that has an emissary for a bartender. That's why I picked it, do you two could have some fun too." Lydia sighed, running a hand through her fiery red hair. 

"It's okay guys, let's just have fun. We're here because we are celebrating Derek getting thrown to the curb as he did to me, remember?" I declared loud enough that I knew Derek's werewolf hearing could hear me over the music. 

"Sounds wonderful! I'll go get us a round of drinks!" Scott smirked happily, marching towards the bar and pushing against Derek to get to the bar. Oh Scoot, I love it when you pick sides correctly.

"Hey, let's do a duet! Something to push Derek's buttons!" Lydia exclaimed, looking at the songbook on the table.

"You know what, Lydia, that sounds perfect!" I snickered.

You're either shooting back Jack or sippin' Johnny Walker Black
At a bar, you could stumble home from
Or you're sitting all alone, getting lost in your phone
Reminiscing on our days in the sun
You're either feeling that buzz or your sheets are getting cold
Baby, it's just the same, same old
The second you say I'm still your one and only
I know you're just drunk or lone-lone-lonely
Drunk or lone-lone-lonely

"Oh, Lyds, this is perfect!" I gleefully cheered as we were waiting for our turn to go on the stage. I was a little nervous before, even if I wanted to push Derek's buttons. But with a couple of shots in me, I'm so ready to sing my heart out with my best friend.

"You're lead Sti; he's your ex, so you get to shove it down his throat. Oh, take off your coat, and make sure your dance moves are on point. You have to do whatever you can." Lydia giggles, pulling my coat off of me and throwing it at Issac. 

"Okay, it's your turn." The sound guy said, handing us two microphones. 

I felt my nerves ball in the pit of my stomach as I froze at the edge of the stage. "Go, Stiles! Lydia!" I looked over at Scott and Issac standing and clapping, waiting for us to go on stage. 

"Okay," I whispered, grabbing the microphone tight in my hand and walked on the small stage.

The music started, and I grinned, looking at my friends as I began to sing before turning to look at the bar where Derek sat gobsmacked. I smirked as I danced around with Lydia.

You're sitting single, seeing double or the quiet's too loud.
Boy, I got you figured out

You're either shooting back Jack or sippin' Johnny Walker Black
At a bar, you could stumble home from
Or you're sitting all alone, getting lost in your phone
Reminiscing on our days in the sun
You're either feeling that buzz or your sheets are getting cold
Baby, it's just the same, same old
The second you say I'm still your one and only
I know you're just drunk or lone-lone-lonely
Drunk or lone-lone-lonely
Ooh

Fin. 

I hope everyone enjoyed this little mini-series. I loved writing it, the songs that each chapter was based on are some of my favorites off of the new Maddie and Tae album, so I hope everyone else loved them and thought it all fit together. So that everyone knows this also isn't the last of the songs from these girls that you'll hear because I have ideas for the rest of the songs on their album as well, so be on the lookout.