New Dog, New Tricks [Part 2]

It had been less than twenty-four hours before the gifts started showing up at the edge of the mountain ash line drawn around the Stilinski household. "Stiles, there's another one for you," His father called from downstairs. Stiles' dad was a normal mundane human; his mother was the werewolf. Her original mate, who she never fully mated, was abusive and a horrible person; upon rejection, he tried killing her, which lead to Stiles' dad killing the wolf. It was love at first sight, the relationship was different, and everyone seemed to accept it easily. 

"What is it this time?" Stiles asked with a sigh. His mother's story is the reason Stiles has always been so guarded around Alpha's, but he's never been scared to put them in their place. To Stiles, this isn't his 'love at first sight' moment that he wanted. This was his body telling him that this is what he needed, but he wanted to want it before he could accept that this was his fate.

"Cookies, your favorite at that," The sheriff said, holding out the box of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. 

"Take them, there's been more sugar put in this house than ever before, and I can't eat another bite," Stiles nearly gagged, thinking about eating just about anything at this point. 

"I'll be back tomorrow morning; Scott said he would stop by and check on you and bring you schoolwork. Deaton is going to come and check the line to make sure everything is safe." The sheriff smiled at his son. "I know that you want a fairy tale to happen, but Sti, sometimes they're just not how you picture them."

"I know. But a guy can dream," Stiles shrugged, hugging his father as he left. "And now to sit around and do nothing." He sighed. 

Making his way back to the comfort of his bedroom, Stiles sat at his window seat, looking at the tree line behind the house. He closed his eyes, imagining running through those trees; he wanted the feeling of the wind blowing through his hair and nipping at his skin. Stiles was startled out of his daydream as the tink of a rock hitting his window. Stiles saw the Alpha Hale standing at the edge of the mountain ash line, peering down to the ground. 

"I would prefer if you didn't break my window, thanks," Stiles rolled his eyes as he opened his window.

"Can we talk? I get it; you're sick of the gifts. You have to give me a chance here." The dark-haired hunk of a man said; Stiles chuckled at the grumpy look on his face.

"Sure, Sourwolf, let's have a chat."

"Excuse you, my name is Derek," Derek growled, sending a glare Stiles' way.

"Whatever you say, Sourwolf." Stiles laughed, grabbing a pillow to lean on. "So talk; I've figured out you know everything there is to know about me, so tell me about you." Stiles looked at the gifts that filled his room and most of the house. Food, flowers, and basically anything else Stiles could think of. "Thank you for all of this; it is nice."

"You're welcome; I had, well, a lot of help. But to be honest, I still don't know much about you. I'm sure there's plenty more to learn." Derek smiled, leaning back against a tree. 

"Well, I want you to start first because I know practically nothing about you," Stiles pushed. 

"Alright, where should I start?" Derek glanced up at Stiles, letting the younger boy get a look at how green his eyes were. 

"What do you like to do? What's your favorite thing in the world? What's your perfect fairy tale?" Stiles pondered, he knew what his answers were, but learning other peoples always made him smile. 

"I like to read, and I can cook a little bit. If you want me to be honest, my favorite thing in the world is probably my leather jacket; my dad gave it to me." Derek paused, thinking about Stiles' last question. "My perfect fairy tale... Settling down with someone I love and know, like the back of my hand. Having a little family in a house with some land. Fighting, but we can't stay mad at each other for longer than five minutes because it hurts to think that we possibly couldn't love each other over something stupid. Growing old and never doubting that you were the person I was always meant to be with. That's my perfect fairy tale." 

Stiles couldn't believe how Derek felt; those were words that Stiles had always wanted to hear so badly. He didn't realize he was holding his breath until Derek said something that Stiles missed. "Sorry, what was that? I spaced out for a second; I do that a lot." Stiles blushed. 

"I asked what your answers would be if I asked you the same questions." Derek chuckled. 

"Oh, right. I like to read too; I'm big into mysteries and that kind of stuff; I'm always begging my dad to let me help him on cases. My favorite thing would be my Jeep because it was my mom's. There's a lot of fairy tales I'd love to have, but I think what you said is pretty perfect." 

Maybe this dog had new tricks. Maybe this dog had just the right tricks.

Part 3?