Soundtrack

It felt like any other Friday when I woke up. The bird chirping outside was a little more melodic than normal, but I didn't think anything of it. I sat at the table eating a bowl of cereal as I do every morning, after that, I packed a lunch to take to my dad, as I do every day. 

After finally getting dressed I hoped into my Jeep and cranked up the radio, though when I do an ear ringing screech sounds through the radio. "Son of a bitch!" I shout covering my ears, turning the radio off as quickly as possible. I groaned holding my now pounding head in my hands.

I shake my head slowly turning the radio back on to see if maybe it was just being weird. Just A Little Bit by Kids Of 88 played through the radio completely normal. "Must have glitched. I'll check it out later." I shrug turning the radio up and pulling out of the driveway, heading to the Sheriff's department. 

I smiled at the deputies as I walked through the station and into my dads' office. I stopped in the doorway seeing Derek standing there talking with my dad. "Stiles, right on time. I'm starving." Dad greeted me with a wide grin and his normal tired but cheerful eyes. 

I smiled back holding out the small lunch box filled with his lunch. "So Stiles, are you ready?" Derek asked me. I turned to him confused. "Training. You wanted me to teach you to fight, remember?" 

"Oh, right! I forgot, sorry." I laughed. I only wanted Derek to teach me to fight so I could spend more time with him. I actually know how to defend myself, dad made sure that when I was old enough I took the classes at the Police Academy. Not that I've ever used it.

"Okay, where's the cookie? You made them last night and told me I couldn't have any. So where is my lunch cookie?" Dad asked turning the empty lunch box upside down while shaking it. I rolled my eyes with a laugh pulling a bag of my famous chocolate chip cookies from my coat pocket. 

"That's my boy!" Dad cheered snatching the cookies from my hand before I tried to take them from him. "Well, you to get a move on now." Derek and I nodded before leaving the station. 

"So, where do you want to start?" I asked Derek shedding my coat leaving me in my black tank top. Derek brought us out to the old Hale property. 

"Why don't you show me what you can do? I'll go from there." Derek smirked. I shook my head smirking to myself. I know I can't beat Derek with just strength, but I can outsmart him.

I readied myself when a familiar melody popped into my head. Slowly as I started my attack on Derek, Unstoppable by The Score came flowing around me like something in a musical, and what made it so much weirder, I'm singing it.

There's a moment
In your bones when
When the fire takes over
Blood is running
Heart is pumping
As the battle gets closer
Ooh, they can say what they want now
Ooh, 'cause we'll be screaming out

Throwing punches at Derek and him throwing them back the song was flowing from both of us.

We can be heroes everywhere we go
We can have all that we ever want
Swinging like Ali, knocking out bodies
Standing on top like a champion
Keep your silver, give me that gold
You'll remember when I say
We can be heroes everywhere we go
Keeping us down is impossible
'Cause we're unstoppable
Oh woah, we're unstoppable

The music went away and all I could hear were birds chirping and Derek and I's heavy breathing as I pinned him to the ground. I was almost gasping for air as I kneeled on Derek's back holding his arms behind him. "H-how?" Derek gasped out. 

"I don't need to be stronger than you, just smarter." I sighed falling next to him on the ground pulling my knees to my chest, resting my head on them. 

"Why did you want me to train you if you can do that?" Derek breathed out running a hand through his black hair. He pulled the bottom of his shirt up to wipe the sweat from his forehead, giving me a very clear look at his amazing abs. 

"Because it was probably the only way that I'd ever get you to hang out with me. Plus I'm rusty and I need a sparring partner. Scott is scared that he'll hurt me, so I figured that you can control yourself well enough." I slowly got to my feet and grabbed the two water bottles that were sitting on the hood of the Jeep handing one to Derek.

"Well, I don't have a problem sparring with you. Just tell me next time. Come on, we better head to the pack meeting." Derek said taking the bottle from my hand and getting into the Jeep. I sighed following behind him. Turning on the radio one of my new favorite songs came on making me grin. But the voice that I heard wasn't Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low's, it was Derek's. 

I'm a liar, I'm a cynic
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I'm a loser, I'm a critic
I'm the ghost of my mistakes
And it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
What are you after?
Some kind of disaster, yeah

I felt like Derek was reaching deep into my heart hearing him sing the words of Some Kind Of Disaster flow through the Jeep; like we were in some kind of MTV Music video.

I woke up from a never-ending dream
I shut my eyes at seventeen
I lost every moment in between
I felt the sun rise up and swallow me, yeah
And it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
I'm a liar, I'm a cynic
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I'm a loser, I'm a critic
I'm the ghost of my mistakes
And it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
So what are you after?
Some kind of disaster

It felt like Derek was telling me his story. I really don't understand what's going on right now. Am I going crazy? Am I dreaming?

I crashed down from a high that felt so real
I never knew how much it would hurt to feel
You gotta hurt sometimes to learn to heal
You gotta get back up and learn to deal, yeah
And it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
I'm a liar, I'm a cynic
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I'm a loser, I'm a critic
I'm the ghost of my mistakes
And it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
So what are you after?
Some kind of disaster

Was Derek trying to tell me that he liked me? That he knew about how I felt for him?

Well I've sung this song a thousand times
I wore the crown, I sold the lie
I lived the life and paid for every crime, yeah
It's all downhill 'til it's a climb
Through blood and tears, but I don't mind
I'll just keep singing on and on and on
And it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
'Cause I'm a liar, I'm a cynic
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I'm a loser, I'm a critic
I'm the ghost of my mistakes
And it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
Yeah it's all my fault that I'm still the one you want
So what are you after?
Some kind of disaster

By the time the song was over and we were at Derek's loft, everything was normal and it was like the song never happened. Derek was grumpily looking out of the window ready to be out of the Jeep. As I parked the Jeep, I paused wanting to ask Derek if he knew what just happened. "What's on your mind, Stiles?"

"What? Nothing." I laughed trying to blow it off. I was just imagining it. Right?

"Your heartbeat says otherwise. What's up? You can't lie to me." Derek sighed giving me a look that I hadn't seen on Derek before. He looked concerned. I mean I've seen it before, but never when it came to me.

"It's nothing really. Just daydreaming." I smiled at him. Yeah, that's all it is. I'm just dreaming.

Part 2???