Hell-O

S1x14~HELL-O
•••••
Haley took a deep breath before entering the school that week. She knew that because of Rachel's exposure of her sexaul assault, that the news could very well be spreading around the school. She didn't know when it would happen, but it was bound to happen. It must've spread around, thanks to Rachel spreading the news, because she was met by a jock as she entered.

"Hey bitch. Heard you forced yourself on Austin." One of the jocks said as she entered.

"He forced himself on me." Haley spat back, as the jock scurried away. She sighed, as she continued walking down the hallway.

"Hey, whore." Another jock said, causing Haley to lose it. She launched herself at him, only to be met with a slushy in the face. She stood frozen, as the jock along with other jocks laughed, walking off. She could hear them making jokes and talking.

"Hey Haley." Rachel said coming up to her.

"Go away dwarf." Haley scoffed as Rachel continued talking.

"I can help you. I can help you clean up right now, and then we can report your sexual assault." Rachel continued.

"No." Haley interjected harshly. "I need to talk to someone else. Someone who I trust. Someone who doesn't spread my personal struggle around the school." Haley said, pushing Rachel to the side, as she continued walking. "I don't want help reporting it, Berry. I have it under control. You seriously need to grow up. Learn to not meddle in people's business, or eavesdrop. Also your fashion could use an upgrade." She yelled over her shoulder, as Rachel scoffed, marching off towards the library.

Haley could barely see well with the slushy, but she saw Kurt by his locker. Walking up to him, she began speaking.

"Kurt?" She asked, as he looked down at her.

"Oh my god, Hay." He muttered, throwing a towel over her.

"Do you just keep a pile of towels in there?" Haley frowned, as she looked in his locker.

"Slushy facials everyday calls for backup towels and extra clothing." Kurt said, as he guided Haley to the bathroom.

Once they were in the bathroom, Haley ducked her head under the tap so she could wash the slushy out. Kurt helped pick out the excess slushy.

"So..." Haley began.

"What can I do for you Hay? Do you need a makeover? Because I would totally be down to give you one." Kurt rambled, as Haley shook her head.

"No, I was wondering if I could have your help with something regarding reporting the sexaul assault."

"What about it?" Kurt asked, growing serious.

"I need a parental figure for the restraining order. I'm almost fifteen, so I'm not old enough to file for one on my own." Haley explained.

"Your parents are..."

"Horrible." Haley said. "They haven't really been there for me. I've grown up independently. They've been abusive. Verbally and physically. However, I'm working on an emancipation form for them soon."

"Oh, Haley. I'm so sorry." Kurt sighed, bringing her into a comforting hug.

"I need your dad to help me file a restraining order." Haley admitted. "Because I don't have a mature or vacant parental figure."

"Okay, have you reported to Figgins about this yet? First step is getting Austin expelled, and reporting what happened." Kurt replied.

"I have to do that. I just freeze up because I feel my ptsd attacks coming back to me whenever I go to talk to him. Even if I'm talking about what happened, I get apprehensive."

"It makes sense." Kurt nodded. "But, I wasn't there, I can't be a witness. I can be there when you report to the principal about it. I'll be there, because I care about you. I'll also talk to my dad after school about your restraining order."

"Thank you so much." Haley whispered, pulling Kurt into another hug.

"Don't mention it, Haley. I'm here for you." Kurt whispered back, rubbing her back. "And I think I know what would cheer you up. Why don't you come over tonight and we can have a movie marathon to commemorate the beginning of a wonderful friendship."

"I would love that." Haley laughed as Kurt clapped his hands in excitement.

"Alright." Kurt smiled, as they walked out of the bathroom together. "I'll see you whenever you report to Figgins. If not then, I'll see you at Glee Club."

"See you." Haley smiled softly, watching the older boy leave before she headed off to her first class.
-----
Haley frowned as Mr. Schue drew a stick figure on the white board. He added a speech bubble with the word Hello. He turned around to face the group, causing Haley's confusion to increase, she wasn't sure where he was going with the lesson.

"Hello." He smiled at the group. When no one answered, he repeated himself. "Hello?"

That snapped the group out of their thoughts and confusion and they replied their hello's, rather unenthusiastically, except for Rachel.

"What do you guys say when you answer the phone?" Mr. Schue asked.

"What up?" Mercedes said.

"Yo what's up?" Haley muttered.

"Who dis be?" Artie continued the answer chain.

"No she's dead. This is her son." Kurt said emotionless.

"O-kay. Alexander Graham Bell, inventor of the telephone, liked to say, ahoy, ahoy when he answered the phone. It was Edison who decided that 'hello' was a more appropriate greeting. Look, I am really proud of what you guys did at Sectionals. But, as most of you have realized by now, it hasn't made a bit of difference in your day-to-day at school." Mr. Schue said.

"I have a slushie-stained training bra to prove it." Rachel said aloud.

"I'm getting slushied because someone decided to expose my personal struggle." Haley spat, sending Rachel a glare.

"Fact is, we're going to have to be better, even more spectacular at Regionals. It's time for some reinvention, some new, New Directions. We need a new hello. Here's your assignment for the week: come up with a fresh number, but it has to have hello in the song title."
------
"You two should be wetting yourselves with shame. Glee club won Sectionals, and you did nothing to stop it. If you were samurai, and my letter opener were sharp enough, I would ask you both right now to commit seppuku. In Japanese, this means ritual belly-slitting." Coach Slyvester said, as she circled Brittany and Santana, after she'd called them for a talk.

"We were seduced by the glitz and glamour of show biz." Brittany muttered.

"Let me drop some knowledge on you. Ever since Quinn Fabray got knocked up, I've appointed Haley Aldrin as my head cheerleader. If you want to get back in my good graces-you're going to have turn around and listen up." She ordered as the girls turned around.

"You're familiar with a little glee clubber Rachel Berry?" Sue asked, as the girls nodded. "Rachel's the kind of girl who wants things too badly. And what she really wants is one Finn Hudson. I want you to go after him. She'll go crazy. She won't be able to stand you're  dating him. Humiliated, shamed, she'll have no choice but to leave the group. And without her, Schuester won't make it to Regionals."

"Seems like a perfect punishment for her exposing Haley." Santana smirked, as Brittany snickered. Both of them were onboard with the plan, wanting to protect Haley, and wanting revenge on Rachel.
-------
Haley frowned at Santana and Brittany while Finn sang his raspy rendition of Hello, I Love You in Glee Club later on. Haley noticed how they kept smirking, and staring at Finn longly, sending him signals that they were interested in him. Almost like a fake attraction. She didn't bother acting or commenting on it. However, Quinn had taken notice of their strange behavior.

"Whoo! Yeah! And that, fellow Glee Clubbers, is how we say 'hello'."
-------
"Alright, guys, we gotta get moving on those hello numbers. Who has got something to show us?" Volunteers?" Mr. Schue asked during another Glee meeting that week.

Rachel immediately raised her hand. She looked quite upset and tense, and Haley knew it must've had to do with Finn going out with Brittany and Santana. Rachel glared at Finn before she spoke. "Mr. Schuester, I think I've found a song that sums up my feelings perfectly." She said spitefully, walking to the front.

"Fantastic, Rachel. Show us what you got." Mr. Schue said, taking a seat.

{GIVES YOU HELL-SUNG BY RACHEL BERRY & THE NEW DIRECTIONS}

Haley didn't give a care in the world when Rachel began singing, as everyone else joined in. She sat in the corner, with her arms crossed, wearing a rather emotionless expression.

After Rachel had finished her song, Mr. Schue spoke up. "Guys, guys, I don't want to be a buzzkill but the assignment was hello." He said.

"I'm sorry, I was just focusing on the first syllable." Rachel said, glaring at Finn again.

Haley scoffed, rolling her eyes. "You always overreact Berry."

"You know what? I don't think you guys understand the seriousness of what we're up against. While we were busy winning our Sectional, Vocal Adrenaline was busy winning theirs. They're last year's national champions. They haven't lost a competition in three years. This is the big leagues, guys. If we don't place at Regionals, Glee Club is over." Mr. Schue said, as the kids got up moving back to their seats.

As they were about to continue, Figgins voice came over the speaker. "Could Austin Farson and Haley Aldrin come to my office, immediately. Thank you."

"Thanks a lot Berry." Haley spat in Rachel's face, before she got up. She sent a look to Kurt, who followed her, letting Haley link her hand through his arm. Quinn, Santana, and Brittany got up after and followed them out as they made their way to the office.
-------
Haley swore she hadn't felt any more nervous than she had in that moment. She didn't know what to think or do. She felt like she was going to have another ptsd attack, being in the same room as Austin.

There she sat in a chair while Austin and his parents sat in the one across from her. "Why...why was I called down? I didn't do anything wrong, sir." Haley spoke up, as Santana sent her an encouraging nod.

"You haven't." Principal Figgins shook his head. "But we've heard a nasty rumour by one Rachel Berry that you were a victim of a sexual assault caused by Austin Farston. Is that rumour true?"

"Yes sir." Haley nodded, her voice shaky. "It happened outside of school."

"I don't know what she's talking about." Austin laughed, sending her a smirk.

"Quiet. Let miss Haley speak." Figgins said, silencing Austin.

"It happened at a party hosted by Austin, along with the other jocks. He got me drunk on beer, and pulled me into a clearing...I was intoxicated, so I didn't verbally give him my consent. He ignored my pleas, and took my virginity. He forced himself onto me, holding my hands above my hands. After he was finished, he blamed me for leading him on, and telling me that I was a bitch, and all these other inconsiderate lies." Haley explained.

"Do you have a parental figure?" Figgins asked.

"Yes. I have two parents, but they're not vacant in my life very much. They're abusive. So, I've grown up independently. That's why Kurt Hummel's dad and Finn Hudson's mom have both offered to help me file the restraining order for sexaul assaualt." Haley nodded, as she sent a glare Austin's way.

"Alright, thank you for your side of the story Haley. Austin Farston. You're part of the story." Figgins said, as Austin laughed, leaning back in his chair.

"What she is saying isn't true. I don't even know why she's saying she was resisting me! She loved it, she loves me!"

"Those are all lies, Austin!" Haley raised her voice, as she looked at him with a firm expression. "You took advantage of me, and took my virginity. Stop it. You need to hold yourself accountable. I will no longer tolerate being silent, and having no one believe me."

"No one's going to believe you. Don't you get that Haley? You're a bitch." Austin said, as he grabbed her wrist.

"Hey! Hey!" Santana yelled. "Hands off my bestie. She doesn't need more trauma in her life you jerk ass."

"Language kids." Principal Figgins said, calmly. "Mr. and Mrs. Farston what do you have to say?"

"Our Austin would never do that." Mrs. Farston shook her head. "That doesn't sound like our son."

"Oh quit it." Mr. Farston said. "Haley, did he hurt you?"

"Yes sir, he did. I don't know how many times I must reiterate this story over and over. It's true. He forced himself onto me."

"Alright. He's innocent." Mr. Farston shrugged.

"Actually he isn't. I don't know what part you guys don't understand." Haley said, in tears.

"Rachel was the one who exposed you, right Haley?" Figgins asked as she shook her head.

"Yes, blabbermouth just happened to expose me. There have been jokes about me all around the school, and slushy facials everyday." Haley sniffled.

"Look who's weak." Austin jeered, nudging Haley.

"Stop touching me. Get your hands off me you son of a bitch!" Haley screamed, causing Austin to slump down.

"Haley, you may have a seat again." Figgins ordered, as Haley sat down, but not before she stomped on Austin's foot, causing him to groan.

"Stop the violence." Brittany commented innocently.

"Kurt." Figgins called as Kurt stepped forward. "Is your dad here?" Figgins asked.

"Yes he is." Kurt nodded as Burt Hummel came into the room, behind Haley.

"So you have agreed to help her file for a restraining order?" Figgins asked.

"Yes I have. She doesn't deserve to be treated like this. It's been traumatizing and scary for her. I will be filing for it later today, and we will see them in court in the next week." Burt answered. "Her friends will be there, for her support."

"We weren't on the scene when it happened." Kurt shook his head.

"Nor are we able to help with the restraining order, but the best we can do is be there by her side." Quinn spoke up next. "She needs us, and we'll be there with her in court."

"Why do we fucking need a restraining order?" Mrs. Farston exclaimed, exasperated with Haley and the whole situation. "God, I could be in Europe right now, instead of dealing with this whore and crappy situation."

"How dare you call my friend that!" Santana yelled. "Hey!" She clapped in Austin's mom's face. "I repeat, you don't call her that. She didn't force herself on him, he did. Get that in your damn head!"

"Woah, woah." Austin's mom laughed.

"A restraining order is crucial." Haley said. "I have all the evidence I need to file for it. It'll make me feel better. I mean, getting out what happened that night. I am speaking on behalf of everyone who's been the victim of assault. I'm another voice in the world. It's important to stand up for yourself whether your the victim or not."

The argument continued on for what felt like hours until Figgins spoke loud enough for everyone to stop.

"Austin. You are expelled from McKinley. You will then go to do a restraining order. I want Haley to feel safe and accepted here, and when you're around she doesn't."

"Principal." Austin spoke. "I."

"No, you forced yourself on her. You committed sexual assault. You are hereby expelled from this school, and we will mark this on your paper before you go as well."

"It didn't even happen in school." Austin protested with a scoff.

"I am fully aware of that, but we aren't going to let you get away with it." Principal Figgins replied. "You're expelled, and Haley will file for a restraining order, and my last order for you is to not turn down that order, but remain honest and truthful. Hold yourself accountable."

"Well, you know what? We don't need this stupid school where girls force themselves on guys." Austin's mom said, as she and Austin's dad walked out.

"You're parents are just as terrible as you." Haley said, as she pushed Austin. "Learn to get your shit together. Go get your morals right, and do your research and education." Haley spat, enjoying her pride in roasting him.

"Okay! Haley!." Quinn said, pulling her away from Austin.

"Thank you sir." Haley smiled softly at Principle Figgins.

Once she got up, Haley walked over to her group, and pulled Burt into a hug, before proceeding to hug Kurt, and her other friends who waited for her. "Thank you so much."

"Hell yeah, let's go file for that restraining order!" Santana cheered, loud enough for Austin to hear.

"Hell yeah, let's go." Haley smiled, feeling a little more relieved than she had prior to the assault.