Ballad

A/N: there is a sexual assault in this chapter, and I changed it up to focus on Haley a fair majority of the time, so enjoy, and read at your own risk, if you're triggered easily. You've been warned.
••••••
S1x10~BALLAD

Mr. Schue wrote the word 'ballad' on the whiteboard that week. "Ballad. From Middle English, balade. Who knows what this word means?" He asked turning to the group.

"It's a male duck." Brittany commented.

"Kurt."

"A ballad is a love song." Kurt answered.

"Sometimes, but they don't always express love. Ballads are stories set to music which is why they're the perfect storm of self-expression. Stories and music are the way we express feelings that we can't get out any other way. Okay, now, sectionals are in few weeks and there's a new rule this year, we have to perform a ballad." Mr. Schue explained.

"Looks like my weekly letter to the Ohio Show Choir Committee finally paid off! Rachel clapped.

"Okay. So here's our assignment for the week: I'm going to pair you off, and I want you to pick a ballad to sing to your partner. Look then right in the eye, find the emotion you want to express, and make them feel it." Mr. Schue instructed.

Finn was quick to speak. "I pick up Quinn."

Mr. Schue shook his head. "No, no, no. Too easy. Your partners will be chosen by fate. Will goes to the piano where the hat is. I put all your names in this hat. Whoever you choose is your partner."

Brittany spoke up making Haley chuckle at what she said. "I bet the duck's in the hat."

"But Matt's out sick today. He had to go to the hospital, because they found a spider in his ear." Santana said, raising her hand.

"Um... I guess I'll just have to put my name in the hat for now." Mr. Schue said, putting his name in the hat. "Who's up first?"

Each student got up to go pick a name from the hat.

Puck read his. "Mercedes."

"All right."

Artie read his "Haley." 

Finn read his, before looking up. "Kurt," He said, before looking at Mr. Schue. "Mr.Shue, I don't know if I can do this with another guy."

"The fates have spoken, Finn." Mr. Schue shrugged.

Tina looked at Mike. "Other Asian."

Santana smiled. "Brittany." Brittany smiled, and ran towards her.

"How fitting. Yay! No way." Mr. Schue exclaimed.

"Looks like I get you, Mr.Shue." Rachel smiled.

:Uh... you know what? Maybe we should just wait until Matt gets back."

"The fates talked, Mr.Shue." Finn said.

Artie raised his hand. "Would you mind clarifying what kinds of songs you want us to sing?"

Rachel spoke up again. "Why don't you let Mr. Shuester and I demonstrate. Brad, "Endless Love" in B-flat, please. It's my favorite duet."

"I really don't think that's an appropriate song, Rachel." Mr. Schue started with his explanation, as she injected.

Rachel insisted. "Why? It's a great song, and it's a perfect ballad."

"Yeah. I really like this song, Mr. Shue." Finn nodded.

{ENDLESS LOVE-SUNG BY WILL SCHUESTER & RACHEL BERRY}

Mr. Schue coughed awkwardly once the song finished. "Okay. Something like that." He said. Haley had to hold in her fits of laughter. She wanted to comment sarcastically, but she decided to refrain from going a little out of hand.