Chapter 7: Making Plans

Hailey

Walking into Jay's apartment last night my heart crushed slightly at the sight ahead of me. Rushing around he attempted to cover everything up but it was too late as I had already stepped inside. Clutter and empty bottles of alcohol filled the counters, it was a shock to me and I wanted to make him tell me what was going on.

Obviously I decided against that as I knew it would only damage him further, so instead I rummaged through his cupboards and finally found some black bags. As i entered the living room he was still in his same position, slumped on the couch and looking full of regret. He finally noticed me, his eyes widened when I started to clean his apartment and discard anything he didn't need inside the bags I had found.

Seeing him so vulnerable hurt me, both physically and mentally. Despite my body aching at the idea of holding and comforting him I decided deeply against it.

I had woken up around five minutes ago from the alarm I had set before dozing off to a much needed sleep. Finally gaining the motive to move I crawl out of Jay's bed, as I leave his room I hear the relaxed breathes of Jays as he sleeps comfortably on his couch. A real and large smile covers my face and my chest clenches happily.

Concentrating once more I tiptoe into his bathroom and quickly brush my teeth before turning on the shower. A minute or so later I step underneath and immediately let out a much needed sigh when I feel the heat trickle down my skin, invading my touch.

Steam radiates off me as I clean myself and wash my hair with Jay's conditioner. I was shocked to see so many cleaning and shaving products, I thought men just grabbed 3 in one shampoo, conditioner and body wash and used that! I guess that is just my brother...

Deciding that I was finished I hop out and wrap myself in a clean white cotton towel that hugs my body perfectly. Looking up my eyes make contact with myself in the bathroom mirror. The sides are covered in condensation but the middle is still clear, giving me a visible view of me smiling like child. It might not seem like much but waking up in a bed that so happens to belong to the man you love certainly has it's perks.

Quickly gathering Jay's clothes he gave me to borrow last night I make my way out of the bathroom and turn to shut the door behind me.As I look up my eyes latch on to Jay who suddenly starts having a coughing fit. That's why you don't inhale your coffee Jay, you drink it.

Unable to stop myself a smirk attaches itself to my lips, "You okay?" I ask as I start walking back to his room. He finally stops coughing, "Y-yeah" he stammers out. Stopping in my strides as I reach the doorway I turn and look back at him, "That's two stutters in less then two days Halstead" I say, my voice laced with mischief before I head into his room and close the door softly behind me.

I notice another one of Jay's shirts on the side near my jeans, he must have placed it there last night. Grabbing my bra I toss it on before drowning myself in Jay's navy blue shirt that reaches half way down my thighs. Putting on my underwear I slip on a pair of Jay's socks before folding and scooping up my clothes from yesterday.

I'm glad he had lent me his, not just because it felt good to wear them but because there was no way I was spending another hour in yesterdays outfit. Plus, at least now I felt clean and definitely more awake.

Walking back into his living room I pass his couch to see it looking spotless, no one would have guessed anyone had slept there which was impressive to say the least. Turning around the corner I see Jay, well more like Jay's back. The sizzling of the pan snaps me out of the daze as I thought about his muscles and the t-shirt tightly hugging to them. I think he was making French toast.... this man does not disappoint!