Prologue

Deep down inside Hailey knew exactly why Voight had sent her away, she was grateful. Despite not wanting to leave she quickly recognised the importance and understood that her behaviour was not who she was and certainly not who she wanted to be.

It had been tougher then expected to exit Chicago, even if it was for a few weeks as she didn't want to have to be away from her colleagues. Well that's what she told herself even though behind the wall she had built to shield her emotions, she knew how she felt for her partner; Jay Halstead.

It didn't matter how she felt, she knew they could never be anything more and Hailey was not jumping at the idea to risk loosing her best friend by confessing her love for him. And that was final.

Ever since Hailey had been in New York the weather had been miserable. Ultimately making the whole experience worse then expected. She couldn't escape the constant punching on her brain from her gloomy thoughts, she just could not wait to get back to her apartment, her life and most importantly Bartoli's...

Authors Note

Hey!

This is all a new experience to me, and this is my first fanfiction or even story I've written since i was like 6 and i don't even remember anything from then.

Hopefully anyone reading this will enjoy it, I'm always open to any suggestions or advice all I ask is at least attempt to be polite :)

This is an Upstead story where it will focus on feelings and their partnership. If you are reading this and are expecting serious mature content, you will be disappointed. Sure you will get a good amount of Upstead content but nothing too extreme so keep that in mind before moving forward.

Hopefully i will keep this book continuing but updates will come along as soon as i think they are the best they can be.

Thank you! enjoy reading.