SPECIAL CHAPTER

4 YEARS LATER

4 YEARS LATER

Kim Seokjin could feel his hands shaking as he held his phone at eight in the morning, looking at the date. 

Tomorrow will mark five years since Jeon Ennik Somi died, he thought.

Not just a regular person he knew, but one of the closest friends he had ever made in his lifetime. The girl who had knitted a tight circle with him being one of the beads, as he was joined with nine others, with whom he had his fair share of thrills and chills. 

His clouded eyes stared at the date again

Almost four years since the horror of blackmail and lying ended. 

Sometimes he woke up in the middle of the night, shivering and trembling completely while remembering days he had experienced in the past. Like finding Somi's body at a regular party, being blackmailed for playing the most illegal games, a thrilling car chase where he almost lost his other friend, Jennie, and finding out that the person behind all of this was no other than Bae Joohyun, a fellow classmate. 

It just didn't feel like it happened, but every part of it was real and traumatic. 

"Babe, Roseanne and Jungkook called half an hour back. They were asking about you," Kim Jisoo, his fiancee whispered as she walked into the room, bringing his sad facial expression to notice. 

The two familiar names stirred something inside his stomach. He hadn't heard from anyone in the past two years, almost completely dissolved into the new life he had created to move on from the past. 

However, the idea of them rebonding sounded too good. Especially when they weren't being tortured again, unlike the last time they decided to talk again. He wondered what each one of them was doing in his or her life every day, but never made the plans to reconnect. 

When Jisoo noticed the small smile on his face, she sat down and spoke, "Everyone, yes, all eight of them, are going to Seoul tomorrow, back to the SNHS neighbourhood. Jay has organized a memorial for Somi," the name dripped off her tongue like it was foreign, "They all are flying from wherever they are."

"Eight? You mean, Namjoon won't be there?" Jin spoke his name like it was venom. It never appealed like honey after the night he almost tried to kill Jisoo, no matter the excuse. 

Jisoo held his hand tightly, "No, Jay wouldn't like him there at all, and neither would the Enniks. I too don't want to see him again, as the trauma develops and I really would like to see everyone again. We have been in Shanghai for the past five years, and I think it's about time we go back to memory lane."

The male couldn't help but shrug, while he was excited about it, the way Jisoo referred to it made it sound like it wasn't the worst experience of their lives. "There's no way Jimin and Soojin are flying from L. A to Seoul, just for a memorial," he whispered, trying to convince himself this won't work out.