34: She's No Angel

Tuesday afternoons are supposed to be totally rusty when the day ends with a math class, you could either be in the hallways complaining about how boring the class was or in the cafeteria trying to fix your mood with some food

Tuesday afternoons are supposed to be totally rusty when the day ends with a math class, you could either be in the hallways complaining about how boring the class was or in the cafeteria trying to fix your mood with some food. Well, that's of course if you don't like math, as for the eleven their whole day was rusty. 

As the bell rang for the dispersal, the empty hallways started to fill up with students feeding each other about their day or the intelligent students asking their unanswered doubts to the teachers. The eleven were none of the above, they were waiting for all of them to assemble in the school ground. 

Jennie, Jisoo, Taehyung, Yoongi, Namjoon, Jin were already on the school ground, waiting for the others. They were already believing that today this mess would be over, the mystery that who killed her would be over. As the others finally approached, they looked at each other. Ready to show the police station who the criminal is. 

"Jungkook, you have the laptop right?" Taehyung asked, confirming once again, they all have been asking him the exact question since morning, making sure. "Yes, I am fully sur-," Jungkook replied and proceeded to open his backpack, but then he paused mid-way when he noticed, the laptop wasn't in his bag. Jungkook looked at it, fully astounded. The others too, almost gagged on their breath looked at him in disbelief, "what happened?" Namjoon asked, cocking an eyebrow. "I-It's n-not there," Jungkook said, looking at his bag. "What?" Jisoo asked, "It was in my bag till the last period, I even showed it to Jin Hyung, I kept my whole bag in the locker afterward for the last class, and now it's not here," Jungkook said, his voice shaking and breathy. 

"Perhaps the locker ate it," Lisa commented, "or the bag," Hoseok added, "or what if Jungkook hid it himself, after all, it was his darling cousin that killed Somi," Lisa continued, Jungkook was definitely feeling angry with these comments, and was about to say something harsh back, until Rose held on his arm, and motioned him not to. 

"Jennie, Taehyung, let's go," she said, in a low voice as the two nodded. "Enjoy your 4 people team meeting," Lisa shouted as they walked away. "What was that Lisa?" Yoongi asked, totally not happy with her behavior. "What? Just doing what they do, make others feel excluded," Lisa muttered under her breath. 

Meanwhile, the four found themselves sitting depressed in the apple rose cafe, which was situated in front of SNHS. The cafe was probably where you will find 70% of SNHS students after school ends, you will find half of them ordering frappes or Crismon buns to satisfy their little hunger and thirst. It also worked as a meeting spot if you and your friends aren't in the same class. Like every place, this place carried memories too, every Friday after school ends, the twelve would gather at the cafe, sit in the second last seat, order mango frappes, and a pastry, and talk, and the person who would be the last to come would pay for the order. Surprisingly, the four were actually sitting on that very seat, a mango frappe and pastry on the table, and also depressed faces. 

"So our only police proof is gone," Jennie said, in a concluding tone staring at her glass, "Do you remember giving it to anyone?" Rose asked, keeping her hand on the top of his as he continued to keep quiet. "No," he whispered, "Jungkook you said you kept the bag in your locker, right?" Taehyung asked, recalling his words, in return Jungkook just nodded. Taehyung looked at Jennie and Rose, implying the possibility. "XOXO stole it from your locker," Rose said keeping her spoon on the table with a bang and then looking at the window. 

Jungkook closed his eyes, breathing in the smell of the just now baked croissants, "It's not your fault Jungkook, you didn't want to be in the principal's office for taking a laptop inside Math class," Jennie said noticing his discouraged face. "Jennie is right Kook, don't blame it on yourself," Rose added, as he hesitantly nodded. "Why do we look like we are on a double date," Taehyung said trying to lift his mood up. The three immediately chuckled at the statement, probably they even were. 

------40 MINS. LATER------

As the four finally decided to head home, Jennie and Taehyung were obviously walking together, their houses were on the same street. "Taehyung," Jennie whispered, 

"hmm?" 

Jennie stopped walking and he did too, she looked at him hesitantly, "Everything okay Jen?" he asked, noticing her facial expression, she falteringly nodded and proceeded to take out something from her bag. 

3 pictures. The ones they clicked in the photobooth. She handed him the pictures, his smile of the first two pictures turned into a sly smirk as he saw the last one, the kissing one, while Jennie got redder. "Where did you get them?" he asked, continuing to stare at the pictures

"XOXO mailed them to me," Jennie replied, her voice low tuned, just when Taehyung was about to ask more, she started to explain, from the note to her and Chaeyoung teaming up and then betraying Jimin. The last thing she clearly wanted was to lie to Taehyung about xoxo JUST mailing the pictures. 

Before they could realize it she was already in his arms, trying her best not to cry about it, as he continued to tell her it's fine. If you are a random pedestrian, you could call them idiots, but if you see from their point of view, in hard times you don't care about the scenario, you just want someone you can tell everything okay, you just want to feel loved for a second, and you want to feel safe, even if it's for a minute. 

"It's not your fault Jennie, if I were in your place, I would do that too, don't cry about it, moreover what is done, is done, you cannot change it" he whispered and pulled away. Staring at her teary face, he gently wiped the tears that lied beneath her eyes. She drew him toward her with her eyes, he inclined his face toward hers and lay his mouth on her mouth, which was like a freshly split-open fig. She held on to his arm, as their lips brushed against each other. For a second, the world lost it's meaning, with their eyes closed, it felt like seeing all the colors of the rainbows with sensuality, feeling the tender connection they shared. It was probably the most beautiful feeling in the world, and they both for sure never wanted this feeling to leave. 

He pulled away, tucking her hair behind her ear, she whispered, "what if someone saw us?" 

"Let them see that you belong to me," 

------------

"You should cook this more often," Jisoo said to her mother, keeping her plate in the sink. "Was it nice?" her mother asked, smiling at Jisoo's sentence.  In reply Jisoo just nodded, and proceeded to pick her notebook for the school president's speech and the file where she stashed her script of the play. 

"Are you going anywhere?" her mom asked, before Jisoo could answer her phone buzzed. It wasn't from xoxo, they were 2 messages. 

from two different senders

Jin: Wanna practice for the play? We have to show Suzy a scene from our play next week

Namjoon: They are holding a meeting for the rubrics, are you coming?

-------------