Chapter 12 "Blood Covered Moon"

Featherpaw come over here.

What is it Mintfur?

I’m going to test you on your fighting skills today. Or are you not up to it?

Sounds like a plan to me. Lead the way Mintfur. “He nodded and we walked to the river were Mintfur started to test me on my fighting skills, both in and out of the water. So far I did well, that is until Tigerstar showed up with a few other dark forest cats.”

Well well well, if it isn’t Featherpaw and her mentor Mintfur.

Leave Tigerstar! You're not welcome here!

Or I can see that Mintfur, but I’m here to talk to Featherpaw not you.

You’ve got nothing to say to me Tigerstar. Now leave or we’ll make you. “I got down and was ready to attack, when Tigerstar said something that I didn’t expert him to say.”

Oh we’ll have a fight alright Featherpaw, but not here. I came to tell you and your mentor that we will be fighting to night. We’ll see you in the dark forest Featherpaw and don’t expect to Brokenstar to stand by you.

I wouldn’t want him to, but mark my words Tigerstar. You will fall. One way or another. You will fall.

We shall see about that.

And just like that Tigerstar and the dark forest cats that were there with him left. I looked at Mintfur who was watching me. “Now what?”

“Now we go back to camp and let everyone else know.”

“Mintfur tonight is the night of the full moon. It’s time for the gathering.”

“Yes I know that. Which is why we have to hurry. Now let’s go.”

“Right behind you.” We ran all the way back to camp. Mistystar was getting the cats that would be going to the gathering ready to leave when we got there. Mistystar was smiling at which, cause I was to go with them, but once she seen the looks on mine and Mintfur’s faces. The smile faded and worry filled her eyes. She came running over to us and almost fell when she stopped.

“What’s wrong? What’s happened?”

“It’s Tigerstar. He’s challenged Featherpaw to a fight tonight.”

“She won’t be here. She’s going to the gathering with the rest of us.”

“That’s just it Mistystar.”

“What’s it Featherpaw?”

“The fight will be at the gathering. Tigerstar not just challenging me. He’s challenging all four clans to a fight.”

“Its the night of the gather. Star clan won’t stand for blood shaded on this night. Not a night of peace between the clans. Mistystar we have to warn the other clans, before it’s too late.”

“I know that Mintfur, but how? The clans will be gathering in a short while.”

“I’ll do it.”

“Do what Featherpaw?”

“I’ll go warn the other clans. I start with Shadowclan and work my way around.”

“Featherpaw.”

“I can do this Mistystar. I have to. Not just for our clan’s sake, but for all four clans. They need to know.”

“That they do. Alright, but be careful.”

“I will. And I’ll be back before you know it.” And just like that I was off to Shadowclan. And just in luck. I spotted Blackstar heading for the island. I had to shout to be heard over the water.” Blackstar!!! Blackstar wait!!!